Beginners and Beyond

Penguins Raspberry Tart SUNdaily (Read 25 times)

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

First time run on North Shore Channel Park.  Nice, but too many street crossings.  5 running miles. 24 for week, best since hip flexor bite.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend.

tracilynn

Jack, I wear CEP sleeves.  Wearing them now and they feel so good.  I really love them and 100% sure they do help my calves with less soreness.  I only wear them after runs not during.  They are sized by measuring the diameter of your calf.

~~~~~~~

Traci

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Thanks, Traci. I have a pair of Zensah but they are starting to lose their elasticity. I may give yours a try.

hog4life

Jack, I wear CEP sleeves.  Wearing them now and they feel so good.  I really love them and 100% sure they do help my calves with less soreness.  I only wear them after runs not during.  They are sized by measuring the diameter of your calf.

Did you get them at Fleet Feet?

Philliefan33

Hi gang. I'm just back from our weekend house and there are a lot of chores I should be doing, but I'm a slug tonight. I was up early to help prep at the firehouse breakfast (I cracked about 30 dozen eggs). Once we started serving, DH took over for me so I could do my LR. Did 11+ miles, then showered and went back to the firehouse to eat. Things were so busy I ended up at the griddle making pancakes--we served 280 people today.   I did grab some food before we cleaned up, but it was a long busy morning. Therefore I am a slug tonight.

Off to look for RRs...

tracilynn

No, I ordered them from amazon I believe or maybe running warehouse.

Did you get them at Fleet Feet?

~~~~~~~

Traci

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

I did a great 9 miles.  Felt good the whole way. I stopped at 9 and didn't go for 10 mostly cuz I was reallllly hungry, and my Garmin chirped at me that I had hit 9 miles just as I was passing an outdoor wine bar I really like so I decided I wanted to sit and have some wine and food instead of running another mile. Valid reason right? Lol/  It was a really cool run and I took several pictures on the way that I would like to share, but since it's just about bed time I will post them tomorrow!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Bin Running

Thanks, guys... Didn't made it for the 18M.. clock in 13.1M which I am happy.. Maybe this will be my first 60M week

Jerry, Raspberry tart is good..

Damaris, hope you enjoy the FE.

Traci, Good job with the 6M..

Mitch, voming back strong.. I would say go for that Huntsville..

Lauren, Sound like a great day..

Dave, a good end to a 15Miler..

Scotty, I can always expect a good RR from you for a bluey Monday read..

Kristin, congrats on the 9M.. You are ready for that HM...

Jack, speedy 10 miles..

Margo, 280 people?! Wow.. That's like feeding an army.. Slug don't do 11M LR.. ya know?

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

hog4life

Bin, I just registered for the half. So now I have a half in Oct, a half in Nov, and a full in Dec. I'm not sure I will be "racing" them though, we'll see how the comeback goes.