Beginners and Beyond

Mebulous SunDAILIES! (Read 39 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Congrats B-Plus!!!

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

DaveP MI, bravo on the yoga.

Zelanie, congratulations on a sub-2:00 HM!

Dave, nice recovery run.

B-Plus, a PR is a PR. Congratulations!

Marjorie, excellent 8.1.

I did 11.06 TM miles in 1:50:16. 9:59 pace. Slow and easy. My legs feel much better than they felt on Friday. I actually feel them.

I'm watching the World Cup final. I'm rooting for Germany.

outoftheblue

Woo-hoo -- congrats Zel on a fast time on a tough course.

Congrats B+ as well.  Any PR is a good PR.

Life is good.

Cyberic

Cool pics Moth

Zel, good job on the race

B+, congrats on the PR

Got my first run in Barcelona today. Yesterday I was too beat. Woke up Friday morning and went to sleep Saturday evening. Even if there's 6 hours difference, I was still awake for around 36 hours, with maybe a one hour sleepish in the plane.

Got over 12 hours sleep for the first time since forever Smile Been with my wife for 15 years and she never saw me sleep like that.

So today, after coming back from a 5 hour walk around town, I finally went out for a run.

I started running around the streets, but it wasn't easy. I was thinking that one hour of this would leave me totally disoriented, if not killed by a car because the sidewalks are very narrow and once or twice I hopped in the street to get around pedestrians. It was a bit dangerous. There's tons of people in the streets and dodging is a must. Then I remembered the Museum of Contemporary Art is nearby, on top of a small mountain, and there are some Olympic installations just behind. So I went there. I had to go up a small mountain, and then found where I will be running in the next few days. It's perfect. So today was a slower than usual exploration run of 5.5 miles.

Funny how runners were looking at me with a ? on their face when I was subtly waving at them. I'm not one to wave hard at runners, just a small two fingers up with eye contact and a slight nod. Guess it's not in the local culture.

Sorry to disappoint you Damaris, but I have no idea what the Dew Point was Big grin

StepbyStep-SH

Congrats to Zel and Jay B-Plus on their great races! (Modified to correct name - oops!)

8.27 slow miles after church on the rail trail, then DS and I joined our martial arts studio's float in a local parade. Fairly short route, but it was fun. I held a pad for the kids to kick to show off their skills and got to do a couple of board breaks myself (rebreakable plastic boards, not the real thing). I even broke one time with a kick, which I am too much of a scaredy-cat to try in class, because I'm always afraid I'll break a toe. Since I had shoes on for the parade, it wasn't as intimidating.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

happylily

Congratulations, Zel and B-Plus! You both did great. I hope to read more in depth reports from you.

Glad to hear you are safe and sound in Barcelona and that you have found a new route for running, Cyber. I'm sure you will have all kinds of fun stories for us in the coming days. I'm glad you can keep contact with us while in Europe.

Jay, hopefully you will get an answer from a medical exam. Have you tried taking some time off? Like more than 3 or 4 days? 60 miles is a lot of miles to do on an injury...

I only ran 16 miles, that's all I had in me. This brings my total for the week to 73 miles. I'm concerned with my recent lack of endurance. I guess it's due to the heat? But I did run 73 instead of the 65 miles required by the plan. And about 18 of those miles were at MP, which is 13 more than the plan was asking for. So I'm still a bad girl. Spank me. 

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Congrats Z on your race! Sorry yesterday when I thought it was yesterday. I got my days mixed up. Smile

Congrats B+ on the PR! A PR in heat is awesome.

13.4 for me today. I ran around my downtown area for a while because the closed down the streets for walking/biking/running/roller blading. It was pretty neat, although I have ran a few races down there before, so it wasn't completely new.

No word on the job. My work email hasn't worked all weekend for whatever reason. The wife still hasn't gone in to labor either, but I expect it will be in the next week.

- Andrew

You Rang?

Greetings Dailies!

Moth - nice Meb encounter!  I'd love to meet him, and given that I'm 6' 7" I suspect I'd dwarf him.  Just like Meb, I ran 12 miles this morning.  Well ok most of it was running.  I'm also in Meb's old training grounds, the eastern Sierra Mountains.  I'm staying in June Lake for a week.  June lake is 12 miles up the road from Mammoth Lakes.  One look a the the picture below from my Garmin will show why Meb trained/trains here:

It's also drop dead gorgeous here.

Z - Well done on the sub 2 sans taper in high humidity.

Rick 

PR: 5k 25:01 (10/15) 10k: 57:44 (7/14) HM: 1:57 (5/15) FM: 4:55 (1/15)

B-Plus

Hello Cyber! I'm jealous of your trip!

Jay - Get the sorted out, ASAP!

Thanks everybody. There won't be a RR, but you can read a few notes I made in my log:

http://www.runningahead.com/logs/1f991d1e250741d89f9c1166a1b4a615/workouts/417f9966f5ff4c4b852afd70fa514f55

Docket_Rocket

Lily, at least you had 16 in you.  I only had 10 in me. 

10 miles with 5 @ MP + 20sec.  On the TM, while watching Germany kick butt.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Having said that, I ditched my Symbicort (long term asthma med) since Wednesday and being able to run MP + 20 seconds without having an attack is huge for me.  Hoping not to have to get back to long term asthma meds EVER.  Fuck steroids.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

LRB, let me know how you liked it. 

I watched it in D-Box which are seats that move, twist, turn and rumble with the action - whoa!

The movie is 2 hours and 10 minutes in length but you never feel as if it is dragging along.  It moves rather quickly with action scenes that kick ass and the script is written in a manner that you literally forget it is a movie about animals that talk.

After awhile you find yourself transported to another world, similar to how Avatar was for those who saw it.

Towards the end (of the carnage) Caesar opines that apes are no different than humans which was a subtle but poignant touch by the writers.

Even if you have never seen any of the previous films and/or know nothing about the franchise you can easily follow along as this installment is nicely and thoroughly done.

Docket_Rocket

Oh, I loved the original movies (I even watched them when USA does those marathons).  Hubby does not.  I thought the first one was good, although a bit depressing.  We were considering watching it but have not decided.  If nothing starts next weekend (although I think the new Luc Besson is coming up next week) we might watch it.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

LRB

Oh, I loved the original movies (I even watched them when USA does those marathons).  Hubby does not.  I thought the first one was good, although a bit depressing.  We were considering watching it but have not decided.  If nothing starts next weekend (although I think the new Luc Besson is coming up next week) we might watch it.

Yes, the first one in the current incarnation of the franchise (2011) was a little sad.  This one moves away from that but allows Caesar to remain in touch with humanity, a point in which this movie's villain (an ape) uses against him.

Docket_Rocket

Yes, the first one in the current incarnation of the franchise (2011) was a little sad.  This one moves away from that but allows Caesar to remain in touch with humanity, a point in which this movie's villain (an ape) uses against him.

Hope it's not as sad as the first one.

Damaris

Fundraising Page