Beginners and Beyond

OMG wake up...actually don't wake up because it's SUNDAILIES (Read 52 times)

delicate flower

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners from injury, to running. We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay a while (not literally)! And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours around here.

<3

delicate flower

I think this is my debut starting the dailies.  HOW DID I DO!

Happy Sunday, gang!  Whatcha got?  I'm spending the day shopping with the MtnBikerChickie.  I am a man that likes to shop!  Gonna be a good day.  Maybe I'll spin tonight, or maybe not.  My legs are tired from yesterday's bike ride.

Have yourselves a great Sunday!

<3

LRB

Supp G!

I took in Jurrasic Park 3-D last night and honestly, I couldn't tell a huge difference from the original.  The yummy pizza and 2 wines made it all worth it though and overall I gotta say it was a good day!

Got a long run on tap at some point this morning, which is just what I need to clear my head of the slight fog the wine has it in, ha-ha!

Good morning, everyone!

Phil, have fun with MBC and doing whatever you do.

Rick, enjoy your LR.

I did my push-ups. I have the Cambridge CityRun 5-Miler at 10:30. After that? Weights and ab work at the gym at some point.

YAYpril - B-Plus

Morning!

Phil, she's a lucky lady. Smile

Rick, I was curious about the 3D-ness of Jurassic Park. Enjoy your long run.

Basya, good luck today! Run fast!!

I'll be heading out for a recovery run of undetermined distance at some point today. I'm a little sore but nothing crazy.

Docket_Rocket

Morning. Already at the state park to do some trail running.  Since this trail is super technical, I just hope I come out in one piece.  Trying my new trail Hokas.  Then weights tonight.

Phil, enjoy all the shopping.

LRB, enjoy your LR.  I don't like 3D at all.  It makes me dizzy.

basya, good luck on the race.

April, yo!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Robert31320

Team TJ

I worked for a few hours this morning.  Rest day for the remainder.

Good luck in the race this morning, Basya!

Running for TJ because he can't.

Hey, was there some kind of site outage? Tried to post earlier, but just froze. Thought I was mistakenly posting on RWOL.

Babs, you did just great, except you lost the smiley faces in the OP. Does that mean you are sad today? I would be too if I had to spend the day shopping. I can't stand shopping, as far as I'm concerned that's why Al Gore invented the internet. Here's a couple extra smileys for you to sprinkle in your posts. SmileSmile . 

LRB, I hope you didn't see the movie at the expense of watching the UM victory last night? That's all I expected to be hearing about from you this AM. Have a good LR. 

Basya, good luck on your 5 mile race!

April, enjoy your recovery. 

Docket, good luck on your trail, might I suggest some knee/elbow pads & a helmet. 

Robert, have a good rest. 

Longish run planned today, maybe 14. Don't want to go overboard on the distance since I have a HM next Saturday, plus I did 10 miles late yesterday afternoon. Since I ran late yesterday, don't want to run too early today, it's messing up my schedule. Kind of like George Costanza's shaving. 

Have a great day everyone! 

Dave

B-Plus

Whattup? It's race day! Ugh, can I go back to sleep instead?

Good luck Basya!

Enjoy your runs and RDs everybody.

By the way, I enjoyed this. (I'm not sure what a "mongler" is, but you get the idea.)

Dave

LRB

LRB, I hope you didn't see the movie at the expense of watching the UM victory last night? That's all I expected to be hearing about from you this AM. Have a good LR. 

No I was right in front of the tube (it's not a tube anymore, I'm just old) at the tip.   I am not an in your face I told you so kind of guy, I am actually pretty low key whether my team wins or loses.

You know, that whole thing with keeping your toes on the ground.  ; )

I am not an in your face I told you so kind of guy, I am actually pretty low key 

Hey, somebody just hacked LRB's account!! Wink

Dave

@runjerseygirl

12.01 in 2:09:21 - 10:46 pace  (Slowed it down at the recommendation of D and Rick.)

Another new distance PR. Pretty sure I'll be able to complete my half in two weeks. Let the countdown begin!

Splits: 11:27/11:06/11:03/10:53/10:59/10:51/10:46/10:31/10:35/10:40/10:24/10:03

Do you even run?

LRB

Hey, somebody just hacked LRB's account!! Wink

I didn't say I wouldn't put my boobies in your face ha-ha!

So I have been sitting on my rump this whole time with nary a care in the world.  I just checked the weather however, and it's 58 degrees outside (allegedly) with 17 MPH winds and gust of 33 MPH.

Me thinks my ass is about to be handed to me!  At least it's warm (allegedly) so there is that.

Off I go...

Ball of Fury

Good luck LRB!  I am headed out in 20 min...63 here but with 15-20 mph winds with the same gusts...eek!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15