Beginners and Beyond

World's Oldest Marathoner Set To Retire (Read 44 times)

Says he's cutting back to "just eight to nine miles of running a day".

Link

They'll tell you that failure is not an option.  That's ridiculous.  Failure is always an option.  It is the easiest and most readily available option.  It's your choice though.

Docket_Rocket

For some reason I cannot access the link (I get an error message) but I LOLd at the just 8-9 miles a day.  That could be me in 60 years.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Yeah I can't access it either.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

booo. OK, i think its fixed.

They'll tell you that failure is not an option.  That's ridiculous.  Failure is always an option.  It is the easiest and most readily available option.  It's your choice though.

Trail Monster

I imagine this is about Faujah Sing (spelling?). He set the world record for oldest marathoner at 101 or something like that and did it in 7+ hours if I remember correctly. I hope I will still be running when I'm ancient. Wink

2013 races:

3/17 Shamrock Marathon

4/20 North Coast 24 Hour

7/27 Burning RIver 100M

8/24 Baker 50M

10/5 Oil Creek (distance to be determined)

My Blog

Brands I Heart:

FitFluential

INKnBURN

Altra Zero Drop

Tar Heel Mom

kween

For some reason I cannot access the link (I get an error message) but I LOLd at the just 8-9 miles a day.  That could be me in 60 years.

I hope it's me in 43 years.

Nolite te bastardes carborundum.

monkkey

QUITTER!