Beginners and Beyond

TUESDAILIES = You Had Me at 'Let's Run' (Read 247 times)

RM2B, sweet half. Lily, great 10. April, I hope you enjoyed your five with your RP. scottydawg, I'm glad you're OK. neverrow, how can 9.2 not score you any points? FlippyNoodle, I almost fell on my tuchus about two weeks ago because sprinkler water froze:/ Tom, nice job with the intervals. Shari, I'm glad you took it inside and avoided injury...I hope that your neck and shoulder are OK soon. So_Im_a_Runner, yay on the hill sprints! Robert, 3.3 and productive cross training; I like itSmile buchy2009, which race will you run? jneilt, I'm happy that you're on the mend. Fuzzy, excellent run. B-Plus, what game do you mean? Jay, you were flying at that pace; 6:45?!?
      I'm babysitting a friend's three-and-a-half-year-old twins overnight. After grocery shopping, dinner, and their bedtime routine, I did my ab work and push-ups. At the gym this morning, two of the trainers/managers commented that I should consider entering figure competitions and asked me if I'd be willing to be photographed for promotional materials. I was flattered, but completely shocked. I have trouble seeing the shape in which I am; all I see is how I can improve. For various reasons, including my vehement hate of being photographed, I said no.

Basya - the Winter Running Contest on RWOLBF:

http://forums.runnersworld.com/forums/runner-communities/beginners#plckforumpage=ForumDiscussion&plckforumid=Cat%3ARunner%20CommunitiesForum%3A608106477&plckforumsearchdisconly=false&plckforumsearchtext=winter&plckforumsearchtitleonly=true&plckforumsearchtextfuzzy=false&plckforumsearchusername=guest2634&plckforumsearchuserdisconly=false&plckforumsearchusernamefuzzy=false&plckforumsearchstartdays=0&plckforumsearchdaysolder=false&plckforumsearchsortcolumn=CreatedOn&plckforumsearchsortascending=false&plckpostid=&plckdiscussionid=Cat%3ARunner%20CommunitiesForum%3A608106477Discussion%3Ab2b8898c-0630-4d49-94e5-8a18fb30ef82&plckforumpostshowfirstunread=&plckforumpostonpage=1

Bad Ass

Hi dailies:

Weezer - shorts in the 20's?  Yikes!

D - I'll trade ya some 30's for your 80's a couple times a week

Baboon - no knuckle lights on the treadmill, unless you turn out the lights

Scotty - glad you and everyone else are OK

Lily - nice tempo run, and on a full stomach.  Mine had turkey meatloaf and baked potato with no ill effects Smile

Heidi - good stuff, looks like the rest week didn't bring you down any.  Is that bout with being sick all cleared up too?

10.9 with roughly 5 at tempo, 6:45 pace overall.  A Mexican restaurant near my work caught fire today, hopefully no one was hurt.  Looks like the building is a write-off.

Can I send you the bad humidity we have?  I can just send you that, now that you ask.  75 dewpoint and 90% humidity coming your way, Federal Express next day!

I ran and I was so soaked that when I got into the supermarket, the cashier asked me whether it had been raining long. 

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

13 miles, including 5 MP miles, in at 8:20 overall pace.  I felt really great tonight even though my calves were sore from yesterday's run (that's the thanks I get for the week off) and this was a pretty fast overall run for me.

You're fast! Your overall pace is about equal to my 5K race pace! Smile

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54