Beginners and Beyond

Penguin Slide MonDAILY - Slopestyle (Read 23 times)

GinnyinPA

Jerry - enjoy your run later.

Tracilynn - sorry about the sick child.  How are you feeling today?

Z - I hope your run this afternoon has less wind.

Damaris - I'm glad you're healing well.  Is the lack of activity driving you crazy, or are you in enough pain that it feels good not to move?

Mitch - hope your progressive run went well.

HopesMom - that's a lot of snow.  I hope they got it all cleaned up.  Enjoy your yoga this evening.

Cherie - congratulations on the good marathon, despite the heat.  You were smart to take it easy and keep it enjoyable.  The long drive home probably contributed to today's soreness.  It's hard to sit still after a hard workout.  I used to find on weekend trips that my legs would swell and I'd get stiffer and stiffer the longer I sat in the car.

Jimmy - enjoy your short run tonight.  Are you running the hills tomorrow with other people, or are you following a plan that calls for hills?

Jack - no snow days to make up for you.  I'm glad you got to enjoy the holiday.  Were you up in the mountains doing your trail run?

AFM:  It's another cold day, currently 23, but the sun is shining, so I'm going to do an outdoor run before tonight's storm moves in.  They're calling for snow tonight, then rain for the rest of the week, so if I don't go out now, I could be stuck indoors for a while.

SheCan

That burrito sounds fabulous, Jack!  MmmmmM!

I know you don't plan on being fast that day Jack, I'm just warning that you're a lot more talented and naturally fast than you even give yourself credit for.  Its not a bad thing!

Here's a few pics from yesterday

Campfires of the morning

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

hog4life

Cherie, that is so good you are not limping, lol. ETA; I love that shirt in honor of your friend! And I cracked up at the deer.

Jimmy, can't wait to meet the new addition. I missed being at Mercedes yesterday, such a good day to run.

Traci, keep me updated if your running. I haven't registered yet, but will soon.

Jack, that burrito sounds yummy.

Hiya Ginny, wow, you guys are getting hammered! Are you in PA?

Progression run done, and I'm whipped. 9.04 miles, here's how it went

1.25WU

2 miles @ 8:20-8:30

200 walk, 600 jog

1 mile @ 7:30-7:40

200 walk, 600 jog

1 mile @ 7:30-7:40

200 walk, 600 jog

800 @ 7:15-7:20

200 walk, 600 jog

400 @ 7:15-7:20

200 walk, 1 mile jog

I'm even more tired after typing that. I normally do the recoveries in a 400, but today just felt like I need a little more time to recover, so did the 800's with that 200 walk part. Still a tough workout though.........mission accomplished. I'm off to work and will check in later.

Dad on the run.

Ginny - No and No. But I refuse to get caught in a race with hills and not be prepared. So I'm making hills a weekly routine.

Mitch - Yes, yesterday was fantastic and being there made me want to run a race so bad. I love the atmoshpere of a big race like that.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Docket_Rocket

For those that asked, I am off work for 2 weeks.  I can move easily around the house but I am still in pain and the more I do, the more it ends up hurting at the end of the day.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Cherie, nice to have worn that shirt.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Philliefan33

Happy Presidents Day, everyone. This is not an official work holiday for me, but I'm not working. DH and I decided to get out of the cold weather for a few days, so we are in Daytona Beach.   I went for a nice 4-mile run this morning and have spent the rest of the day lounging in the sun.

Docket_Rocket

Happy Presidents Day, everyone. This is not an official work holiday for me, but I'm not working. DH and I decided to get out of the cold weather for a few days, so we are in Daytona Beach.   I went for a nice 4-mile run this morning and have spent the rest of the day lounging in the sun.

Nice.  The weather up there should be nice enough.  Enjoy!

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Singer who runs a smidge

What an awesome idea!!  Enjoy soaking up the rays!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Ginny: we drove to the trails. They are in a city called Walnut, close to Mount SAC where the big cross country races are.

PF: Lucky! Have a great time in FL.

Zelanie

Cheri- Sounds like a great race!

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Rest day for me today.  I did three 5Ks over the weekend.  Reports and photos at:

https://www.runningahead.com/groups/BF_and_Beyond/forum/7285d19027b44df98bd36cde37616160/resume#focus

https://www.runningahead.com/groups/BF_and_Beyond/forum/8d6d8fa3e3d84d519e4d048e84d15b39/resume#focus

https://www.runningahead.com/groups/BF_and_Beyond/forum/a38c2bc46ffe49beb15cd02a275556c8/resume#focus

Nice and sunny today...near 83 degrees for a high.  I think I am going to have to get out and mow my front lawn after work, all this nice weather has made the grass grow again.  Bummer...I hate yard work.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

SheCan

Thanks everyone!

(((((((((( Damaris ))))))))))))  I'm sorry you're still in so much pain still.  Thankfully you're young, and should heal up quickly.

Philliefan-- ohhh, how nice getting away from the cold!  Hope you're having a great, warm holiday!

Scotty-- fun, fun mowing the lawn!

Jimmy-- did you and SO24 get a chance to meet at the race?

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Sorry about the 6 - 8 inches of white messing up your schedule, HsM.  Ummmm, we are talking about snow right?     Hope your weather gets better for you.  If not...come visit...my weather for the week....

Day off, you kidding Jerry?  The State Govt of Texas does not shut down for President's Day, especially if one of those presidents is Lincoln.   Sad, very sad.   It also does not close for Veteran's Day, which sucks.  Me and my military buds always have to take vacation to get that day off.  What's up with that?

Good luck with your miles, Zelanie!  If the wind blows while you are out there...just blow back!

Hope your progression run went well, Mitch!

Congrats on your marathon, Cherie!  4-hours and something?  That WOULD be racing pace for me, lol.  Enjoy some well deserved rest now!  Nice photos...but why is that deer not roasting over one of the campfires? 

Way to get the miles in early, Jack!

Ginny, see my weather note above to HSM.  You can come visit any time too!

Start with small hills, Jimmy!  When I first started doing a hill workout, I tackled a giant hill.  Not smart and can have consequences.  After I got home Gail asked why I was walking funny.  ow-ow-ow ow-ow-ow ow-ow-ow, that's why!

but I am still in pain and the more I do, the more it ends up hurting at the end of the day.  Then cut all that 'doing' out, Damaris!   Like that stupid joke:  "Doc, it hurts when I do this."  Doc:  "Well, then, don't do that!"    Hope you feel better!

Glad you could escape from the cold weather, Phillie!  You are lounging in the sun?  We need photos to verify this...

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Dad on the run.

She Can - No we did not Sad

Scotty - This will be week 4 of doing these hills, I was pretty sore the first week but it's slowly getting easier! Plus my Thursday run with the Fleet Feet group has a pretty good hill as well, so I hopefully I will start feeling the benefits soon.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.