Beginners and Beyond

getting old workouts to Running Ahead (Read 409 times)

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi.

I have several months of workouts on Map My Fitness. Does anyone know how to move them here? I tried but I can't figure it out. Computers and I don't get along very well. If if makes any difference, I have a Mac. 

Thanks in advance.

runfoolery

apparently the MapMy guys disabled exports out of MapMy sites. Do you have the data stored on something else, like Garmin or whatnot?

Little Blue

Jack, can I piggyback on your post?  I think I uploaded my RWOL log, but it isn't showing up.  It said it would take a few minutes, but it's been a lot of minutes.  I don't know if I was successful, or if I should still wait patiently?

/hijack

runfoolery

Go back to Training Log, click on Tools, then Import Data

You likely have all your imported workouts in an area where it says you have to save your workouts before they are visible in your log

Click on the Save All button

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I tried to import from my SportTracks, but it didn't work.  Anyone get theirs to upload successfully? 

Running is dumb.

runfoolery

Mandy,

Yes!

1) You first have to export from SportTracks. - Easiest way might be to Select View -> Activity Report, then click on Total at the bottom of the activity list. Then click on Export under the Activity Report menu area, and choose Fitness Log  (.fitlog)

2) zip the resulting file

3) Upload the zip file in the running ahead log tool

4) It should eventually give you the same list of activities you have to save all for

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Thanks, you guys, but nothing.

runfoolery: I only had about eight runs on my Garmin. I suppose I will just start over here and continue logging into Map My Fitness as well.

Little Blue

Go back to Training Log, click on Tools, then Import Data

You likely have all your imported workouts in an area where it says you have to save your workouts before they are visible in your log

Click on the Save All button

Yay! That worked. Thanks!
                  MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Mandy,

Yes!

1) You first have to export from SportTracks. - Easiest way might be to Select View -> Activity Report, then click on Total at the bottom of the activity list. Then click on Export under the Activity Report menu area, and choose Fitness Log  (.fitlog)

2) zip the resulting file

3) Upload the zip file in the running ahead log tool

4) It should eventually give you the same list of activities you have to save all for

Oh!!!!  Thank you, James!  I am giving this a shot now...

Running is dumb.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Hmmmm.  I am officially confused.  My log is weird.  It states that I have run 396 miles this year.  Which I guess is only January and February for me.  Dammit.  WTF.  Ahhhhh, where is all my data?!  Confused

Running is dumb.

runfoolery

I'd love to help but need more details... which part are you stuck on?

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I'd love to help but need more details... which part are you stuck on?

I think I fucked something up.  So I opened an old SportTracks log and now I can't find my current one again.  Shit.  Apparently the last time I saved anything back was in February.  But I didn't delete anything from March-current.  It's not showing up now.  Uhhh, help?!

Running is dumb.

runfoolery

OK, I'm using SportTracks 3 so I hope you are too!

If you go to Other Tasks > LogBook > Open

Does the dialog box show you any other logbooks that might have your March-current data?

I love it when women cuss! Wink

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Okay, so I went and looked where my default folder was for new logbooks (I'm not a total computer idiot here) and I have a sporttracks.gpx file, but when I try to open that and it doesn't work?

And fuck!!!  Just for you.  Big grin

Running is dumb.

runfoolery

Yay! *swooooon*

Hmmm, .gpx sounds like an export from another application that you uploaded a track/run into SportTracks.... It's the GPS data for a run

The file sporttracks stores its data in is a .logbook3 file

Do you have backups defined? Check your Settings > data files and see if you have them going to another folder or something