Beginners and Beyond

And They're Off! Penguin Weekender (Read 29 times)

PADRunner

PAD, beat you up how? What are your plans for training for the upcoming half & full?

Sore legs and general fatigue. Almost the same as when I did my HM.

I'm just using a variation Higdon, building miles to finish before the sun goes down. Smile

Zelanie

Damaris has crossed the half!  I don't know what her goal is, but she is looking speedy to me!  About to pass Jerry's station I think!

Good luck, Brilliant and sapf!

Hi, Rach!

GinnyinPA

Congratulations to Damaris.  She finished!

PAD - aside from the sore legs, how was the race?  Which marathon next Feb.?

PADRunner

Congratulations to Damaris.  She finished!

PAD - aside from the sore legs, how was the race?  Which marathon next Feb.?

A little disappointing not sure why, a 20 second PR at 1:06:47.

The Cowtown Marathon  in Fort Worth. I ran the HM there this year.

PADRunner

Congrats D!

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Finished the Staten Island HM.  As expected a PW (by almost 20 minutes).  I need to double down on my ankle PT exercises.  I actually felt pretty good at the start and decided to go out with the 2:30 pace group, but the pacer was running way faster than the stated pace (she was banking time for sure).  I turned off the audio cues on run keeper and everything, intending to follow her lead, but she was running at a 10:45 pace for the first few miles instead of the intended 11:30.  So I let them run ahead at mile 4. I landed a bit weird on it at mile 6 and felt a sharp pain (which subsided) but decided to play it safe and walked a bunch after that.    I think if I hadn't landed strange on my bad ankle I maybe would have managed a non-PW.  But the stars can't align at every race.  I'm going to keep on trucking with my running - though I'll probably take the next couple of days off.  I've also learned that I need my audio cues on my phone (or some way of knowing my pace) to keep myself on track.

My next long race isn't until mid December, hopefully my ankle will be much stronger by then.  I have a couple of 5 mile races in the meantime, but those should be okay :-)

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Sapf: good stuff and take care of the ankle. Your times will only get better. Get your miles in and you won't need the pacing group. Smile

Brilliant

Sapf - too bad about the pacer. That must have been discouraging.  I hope your ankle isn't too bad and you feel better tomorrow.

AFM - I kicked my old PR to the curb! I beat it by 3 minutes on what,  IMO, was pretty crappy training. I'm feeling pretty good after a visit to the beer garden,  a shower, some Mexican food,  and a nap!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Sorry about the ankle but good job, sapf!

Brilliant, yay!

I had asthma all through the second half but still ran the fastest in more than a year.

Damaris

PADRunner

Congrats Brilliant.

GinnyinPA

Congratulations Brilliant.

Sapf - sorry the ankle caused problems.  Good job finishing anyhow.

afm:  I woke up stiff and sore, so when Jim suggested heading to the park for a short hike this afternoon, I was happy to go play in the autumn leaves instead of pounding the pavement.