Beginners and Beyond

New Year's Resolutions for 2014 (Read 121 times)

Hip Redux

You people have some weird resolutions.   (I'm looking at you and your cabbage jjs!)  And I mean that with love.  Big grin

Irishguy - runsolutions.  I like that.

As for me, my resolution is to keep on being awesome in 2014.  Oh, and to make through the year with fewer doctors appt than 2013.  Aiming high!

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

I resolve to try and dream less about FreeSoul in her running outfits...

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

You people have some weird resolutions.   (I'm looking at you and your cabbage jjs!)  And I mean that with love.  Big grin

Irishguy - runsolutions.  I like that.

As for me, my resolution is to keep on being awesome in 2014.  Oh, and to make through the year with fewer doctors appt than 2013.  Aiming high!

That's a good one.  I think I will join you in that one!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

LRB

LRB

A tale of two whines?

Indeed.  Or wine in one hand, and whine in  the other.

#artbydmcbride

Do at least one good deed every day

Try to run faster (really train)

Be grateful

Downsize my closet...donate clothes, shoes, coats etc

Runners run

Will run for scenery.

1) Eat some cabbage.  Not very ambitious, but it's a family tradition on NYD.

2) Drink some wine.  I'm spending 3 weeks in France/Spain this summer, so that's kind of a no-brainer as well.

3) Run.

4) Don't fall down.  See (3), not (2) !

Two weeks in, and I broke #4.  Went for a hike in the mountains today. The forecast was "50 degrees and Sunny", a nuanced way of saying "All That Slush Is Gonna Freeze".  I walked into a 2" deep pool of semi-refrozen slush and - Bam! - I'm in the musical cast of O Brother Where Art Thou.  (If you don't get it, rent the movie NOW.)

In theory, I could have avoided the whole incident by taking the chains out of my pack and putting them on my boots.  But that naïve, wishful, flippant view fails to take into consideration the cold hard facts of the matter : I'm a guy, I'm stubborn, and I'm lazy.  So no, there is absolutely no way the incident could have been avoided.

Maybe next year....

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I seriously need to check this thread  a little more often... don't I? Lol Smile

I resolve to try and dream less about FreeSoul in her running outfits...

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

happylily

Two weeks in, and I broke #4.  Went for a hike in the mountains today. The forecast was "50 degrees and Sunny", a nuanced way of saying "All That Slush Is Gonna Freeze".  I walked into a 2" deep pool of semi-refrozen slush and - Bam! - I'm in the musical cast of O Brother Where Art Thou.  (If you don't get it, rent the movie NOW.)

In theory, I could have avoided the whole incident by taking the chains out of my pack and putting them on my boots.  But that naïve, wishful, flippant view fails to take into consideration the cold hard facts of the matter : I'm a guy, I'm stubborn, and I'm lazy.  So no, there is absolutely no way the incident could have been avoided.

Maybe next year....

Really sorry about that. I hope it's not too serious. :-(

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

LRB

Well?

happylily

Learn to cook better, and more varied meals

It's not my fault if they make all those great pre-made meals at Costco.

Read more

Why is the print in books getting smaller and smaller? They make it impossible for me to read. Not my fault...

Spend more time with DS and try to understand him better

Who's DS again? You mean the boy who was last seen in a room upstairs? I think he might still be living here... I still have about 45 days to make contact with him before 2015. I'm hopeful we'll meet during that time.

Talk less about running to SO

But he loves it so much when I talk running to him! That was a stupid resolution anyway.

And more than anything else: love and enjoy my first granddaughter

You would not believe just how cute she is. And she's a real troublemaker for her mother, just like her mother was to me. Poetic justice I believe you call it..

happylily

Oh and where is our friend jjs22? And what about Oski?  Don't make me join Facebook, damn it!

delicate flower

I did not break the marathon world record.  It got too warm during my marathon.  Sad  But the year isn't over....

<3

Robert31320

Team TJ

I'll get 75% of this done.

Miles, miles, miles...at least a K.

Fruits, vegetables, and more fruits and vegetables!

Running for TJ because he can't.

tracilynn

Eat something green everyday. Like a spinach salad or raw broccoli.  I dunno. Just Something green. Every.day.

I pretty much did this all year!

I also juice a lot (green juice).  I probably only missed a handful of days of eating something green.

and the outcome? I dunno. I'm still kinda fat. So whatever. Meh.

~~~~~~~

Traci