Beginners and Beyond

For those of you with IT band issues (Read 39 times)

slowrunningjulie

Do you ever get pain in your side? Higher than your hips, like in the oblique area? I think I recently pulled/strained something and am doing a little Google self-diagnosis. My pain is in the side of my right hip and radiates upward. I definitely feel it going up stairs. What do you think, non-medically trained strangers? Am I gonna make it?

Upcoming:

July 27 - San Francisco marathon

LRB

My ignorant band issues were strictly in my knee.  But, as has been my luck with running, I am sure at some point I will get it there too.

RSX

Is this where your belt is, or higher? My hip flexor injury moved from 1 place or another in that area before it settled. At 1 point I went to an ortho for a hernia, and when it moved around my hip I stopped wearing a belt for a while.

slowrunningjulie

Is this where your belt is, or higher? My hip flexor injury moved from 1 place or another in that area before it settled. At 1 point I went to an ortho for a hernia, and when it moved around my hip I stopped wearing a belt for a while.

It is right at where my belt is. I actually had to take it off the other day because wearing the belt hurt. I also initially thought that the injury was the result of wearing my water bottle belt wrong somehow, because the pain first started after a long run and it hurt exactly where I wore the water bottle belt.

Upcoming:

July 27 - San Francisco marathon

Docket_Rocket

Isn't that hip flexor and psoas territory?  The ITB, IMO, is not usually a cause of injury or pain, it's the result of another area screwing up the ITB.  So, pain in the hip, core area might be affecting the ITB instead of the other way around.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

RSX

It is right at where my belt is. I actually had to take it off the other day because wearing the belt hurt. I also initially thought that the injury was the result of wearing my water bottle belt wrong somehow, because the pain first started after a long run and it hurt exactly where I wore the water bottle belt.

I forget how long I didn't wear a belt for but it was at least 2 weeks. When I had to wear a belt I loosened it. The second I got home I was in sweats.

Once it left there it stayed in my hip flexor area for quite a while.