Beginners and Beyond

My future Running Buddy is 1 Year Old TODAY!!!! (Read 66 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Happy Birthday Dorian, the best and most amazing miracle that I was blessed to be a part of in creating, and the most fantastic chapter in my life. I cannot believe how fast a year has gone by, I remember the day he was born like it was yesterday and to see him now, walking around and trying to run already is amazing, and he's already showing an independent streak. Rather than being held, he'd rather walk around himself. It is just crazy, awesome and also sad to know that a year has flown and my little boy is growing up. I love him so much.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Luke79

I know this is cliché, but you have to soak this up.  The next thing you know, he will be all grown up.  Grats and best wishes to you and the little man.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I know this is cliché, but you have to soak this up.  The next thing you know, he will be all grown up.  Grats and best wishes to you and the little man.

Thank you, I am going to try and soak up every second the best I can. I didn't think I would be one of "those" mothers that want to hang on, but after seeing him suddenly become independent and not wanting to really be held (started yesterday), I felt even more needy and craved that dependency more than I thought I would.  Cry

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

Such a sweet picture.

Happy birthday to your boy!

Docket_Rocket

Happy Birthday, Dorian!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Big grin Thanks!

PRs

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

AWWW happy birthday!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Of course the day in which both of you run your first St. Louis HM together, you'll need to post that picture too.  Congratulations to you as a mother and Happy Birthday to Dorian.

“Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.” - T.S. Eliot

Rse

Of course the day in which both of you run your first St. Louis HM together, you'll need to post that picture too. 

Good Idea

Happy Birthday to the Little One!

:-)

Fran

B-Plus

Happy bday to your son.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Thanks ya'll, yes I will. Though I will try to constantly remind myself not to push him too much, and to let him enjoy it and do it if he wants but I have a feeling he might be a natural (we all basically are really) and he doesn't give up on a task until he accomplishes it. He is already so focused on things, he focused on perfecting crawling, then cruising and walking and now barely a month after starting to walk he is trying walk fast and run. It is just amazing to watch a baby (of any animal but especially my own baby) grow from two little organisms, be born helpless and 100% dependent on me and now a year later he thinks he's all independent and can do it all by himself. I love him so much.

PRs