Beginners and Beyond

All by my lonesome... (Read 414 times)

@runjerseygirl

Once again, I'm on my own for my race tomorrow.  It's a small, local 5k with race day registration available.  Anyone want to join me in Jersey?

Do you even run?

Docket_Rocket

I thought Amy was doing it with you.  What happened?

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Shakedown Street

Nope.

But I need to do a 5K soon. Had some wine, not tomorrow.

Have fun. Meet some people, socialize.

Started-5/12, RWOL refugee,5k-24:23 (1/12/13),10K-55:37(9/15/12),HM-1:52:59(3/24/13)

Since Jersey is just a little farther than Atlanta, unfortunately will not be physically there.  However, we will be with you in spirit. I'm sure you  will make the former RWOL BFers proud with your performance. Go get'em!

“Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.” - T.S. Eliot

mucknort

Its about a 5 hour drive, depending on where in Jersey you are, and I have to pick up a sofa in the morning. Otherwise, I'd join ya!Big grin

aplodder

Susan

Good luck with your race, Kay.  I will be thinking about you. 

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

100s of other racers = never alone. Good luck, and I hope it's a fun day for you. Maybe you'll meet someone great.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

@runjerseygirl

Thanks guys!  

D, Amy decided that she wanted to spend the weekend with her family after everything that happened today.  I don't blame her.  If this race was any further than the next town over, I'd probably stay home, too.

Do you even run?

Docket_Rocket

Sorry, I didn't know.

Kick it tomorrow!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

@runjerseygirl

Sorry, I didn't know.

Kick it tomorrow!

No worries. Smile I'm hopeful for tomorrow.  And with the help of another forumite, I think I may have figured out my migraine issue.  We'll put it to the test tomorrow and see what happens. 

Do you even run?

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

I have a 10K on Sunday or else I would!!! I've been having a really rough week and been really low energy and feeling really crappy and I'm worried about being able to run my 10K, so trying to do back to back races is probably not a good idea for me Sad where in NJ is it though out of curiosity? Not tomorrow, but maybe at a future race I will run into you! I live in NYC now but my parents live in NJ so when I look for races to do I always check NYC races, NJ races, and Baltimore races because my friend from college who got me into running and my boyfriend both live in the Baltimore area. So depending on where you are in Jersey I may do a race by you in the future!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

@runjerseygirl

I have a 10K on Sunday or else I would!!! I've been having a really rough week and been really low energy and feeling really crappy and I'm worried about being able to run my 10K, so trying to do back to back races is probably not a good idea for me Sad where in NJ is it though out of curiosity? Not tomorrow, but maybe at a future race I will run into you! I live in NYC now but my parents live in NJ so when I look for races to do I always check NYC races, NJ races, and Baltimore races because my friend from college who got me into running and my boyfriend both live in the Baltimore area. So depending on where you are in Jersey I may do a race by you in the future!

I'm in the Trenton area, right over the bridge from Philly.  

Do you even run?

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

I'm in the Trenton area, right over the bridge from Philly.  

Ah ok. A little far from where my parents live....but not ridiculously far. One day!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Love the Half

As soon as I saw Jersey, for whatever reason, my brain immediately went to Joe Piscopo's "I'm from Joisey" sketches,

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

dog person

Doing things on your own builds character. At least that's what I keep telling myself. 

Kristian