Beginners and Beyond

Thursday Penguins All Have Secret Talents! (Read 175 times)

Mmmmm...beer

Glad to hear it Tori.

Now I'm afraid to use the new Garmin.  Still debating downsizing to FR10.

I can't speak to any other model, since this is my first one, but I'm loving the FR10, it does what I need and is easy to use.  I like simple.

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Tori Runs in PA

Pittsburgh RN!

ohh!! I am glad you ended up liking the FR10 Dave. I didn't get it for Christmas but I may just order it soon.

Do or do not, there is no try. 

My first races EVER! 

Saxonburg Distance Series 5KRaces: 

#1: 7-14-2012 Cross Country Crusade 5K: 42:50 

#2: 8-11-2012 Roebling's Run 5K: 38:54

#3: 9-8-2012 Festival of the Arts 5K: 36:37

Sloooow.

Zelanie- thanks for sharing! I get frustrated with my slowness, and have to remind myself how much extra weight I'm carrying. I want to lose 50 more lbs (only down 30 so far) and it's pretty motivating to imagine running being easier at a lower weight.

Jerry- I got a Forerunner 10, and I LOVE it. Does everything I need it to.

Tori- glad to hear he has come home, healing thoughts!

Bin Running

Kitteh, talk to the Doc.. It's probably nothing but we can't be too sure with hearts stuff..

Tori, good news on your dad.

Jerry,  just wear the Garmin (410?) proudly.. It will grow on you.. Smile

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Does losing weight make you faster? Or do you think that through working out to lose weight you develop better cardio and can go faster? Just curious....

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

tracilynn

Kitteh- I had weird heart palpitations throughout all my pregnancies too.  Its a weird feeling.

Tori -glad to hear your dad seems to be doing better.  Great news.

I ran 3 miles tonight as my first run in 9 days.  Felt great.  ITBS felt fine and left shin felt fine.  No pain.  Im going to build slowly as not to keep injuring myself.  Im so glad I didnt sign up for the FEB half, no way I would have been ready.  Kinda scared about my april half as my body seems to rebel easily.

~~~~~~~

Traci

Mmmmm...beer

Does losing weight make you faster? Or do you think that through working out to lose weight you develop better cardio and can go faster? Just curious....

I think it's both, but having to move less weight with the same level of strength will definitely make you faster.

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Tori:  Hope your Sunday Christmas is a good one.

Zelanie

I'm pretty sure I'd run slower if I was to pick up a sack of potatoes and try to run with it.  So losing weight is like putting down that sack of potatoes so you don't have to run with it anymore.

Tori- thinking of you!  Thanks for the update!

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

But trying to carry a sack of potatoes in your arms is different than having an weight equal to those potatoes distributed all over your body. Just curious. I really want to/should lose at least 20-30 lbs so I'm really wondering if I do if I would possibly get faster as a direct result

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Zelanie

I found this chart- basically it says you can gain two seconds per mile per pound!