Beginners and Beyond

18 things they never told you about running (Read 190 times)

Will run for scenery.

27)  You will learn more names for your body parts than you did as a pre-teen.  But this time around you can say them out loud and not be grounded.

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

never run

To go along with travel, and the first thing you pack for a business trip is at least 1 days worth of running attire in your carry-on.  Priorities.

Docket_Rocket

You will also never check in your marathon outfit and shoes, for fear they will get lost.

To go along with travel, and the first thing you pack for a business trip is at least 1 days worth of running attire in your carry-on.  Priorities.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

slowrunningjulie

I am totally dealing with the "runger" right now. I scarfed down a huge bowl of pasta for dinner and was still starving. DH asked me if I wanted something else to eat and I said no because even though I was still starving, I knew how many calories I had consumed. Then I promptly turned around and ate a bowl of rocky road ice cream.

Upcoming:

July 27 - San Francisco marathon

Will run for scenery.

Ah, Rocky Road......

No other surface treatment has the same irresistable primal appeal.

(Disclaimer : trail runner bias.)

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!