Beginners and Beyond

I'm not a pet lover (Read 128 times)

Docket_Rocket

Okay I must be an oddball because I would boot my cat to the damn moon if I caught him on my bed.  >:-/

The couch or any chair is okay.  Table tops, counters and beds are off-limits.

Good luck with that.  After all, they own the house.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Si would find myriad ways to torment a dog, I'm sure.

He's not allowed on the counter either, although this morning I found him in the kitchen sink, looking at the faucet and then at me.  Sure enough, someone had left his water bowl dry before she left for work.  Roll eyes

Hip Redux

Not a cat, but I think you can tell who ruled the roost here.

Love the Half

Okay I must be an oddball because I would boot my cat to the damn moon if I caught him on my bed.  >:-/

The couch or any chair is okay.  Table tops, counters and beds are off-limits.

I'm with you.  My dog does not belong on my furniture.

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

My in-laws did not allow a dog they used to have on the furniture but the dog was smart.  When they were not home he slept on the couch.  As soon as they got home my wife said you heard the dog jumping down from where ever he was sleeping.

Just B.S.

My in-laws did not allow a dog they used to have on the furniture but the dog was smart.  When they were not home he slept on the couch.  As soon as they got home my wife said you heard the dog jumping down from where ever he was sleeping.

We have never allowed our dogs on the furniture either. Helps that the current dog is a wuss and

I can just put a book or another object on the sofa and he won't go near it.

Bedroom doors are closed if we go out for the day so that keeps him off the beds as well.

Hip Redux

My dogs can get on anything they want (clearly) unless we have company or if I want a seat.  Really, it's not a big deal. (and even though we don't have that rule, they rarely get up on the couch.  I only had one dog who was routinely hopping up, the rest never cared much for the couch or bed.)

But the point of my photo was the evil eye dog A was giving dog B, causing dog B to stare at the wall.   I thought it was funny.

Docket_Rocket

My dogs can get on anything they want (clearly) unless we have company or if I want a seat.  Really, it's not a big deal. (and even though we don't have that rule, they rarely get up on the couch.  I only had one dog who was routinely hopping up, the rest never cared much for the couch or bed.)

But the point of my photo was the evil eye dog A was giving dog B, causing dog B to stare at the wall.   I thought it was funny.

Don't worry.  My cats go wherever they want.  Except outside....

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

Don't worry.  My cats go wherever they want.  Except outside....

I have had a couple of cats who roamed the great outdoors and it was the best thing ever; no litter box!  And as someone mentioned, they are as smart as a whip.  Imagine being sound asleep and hearing scratching at your bedroom window, which is on the second floor!  lmao  That was Alvin, he was just the coolest dude ever!

I have friends that do not let their cats outside, or let them go wherever they want inside the house and it is just like anything else, different strokes for different folks.  No biggie.  If we were all the same then we would agree on everything and what fun would that be.  ZZZZZ's.

Hip Redux

Except loose cats have come into my yard and have nearly been dog food!  I don't need that on my watch.