Beginners and Beyond

SaturDAILIES Need Some Smile (Read 43 times)

LRB

Top 3 is an impressive placing with that many participants!

Just B.S.

Congrats Boon! Awesome job and 3rd place is very impressive!

outoftheblue

My 5K was a short course.  I only got 2.95 miles, confirmed with other runners.  So no true PR today.  Still, I finished in 19:23 at 6:35 pace, which is 15 sec/mile faster than PR pace.  I finished 3rd overall out of 564.  I'll take it!!  Big grin

Wow!  3rd OA in a field this size is really impressive.   You just keep getting faster and faster.

Life is good.

StepbyStep-SH

Congrats, Granite, Baboon and Brrr on your races!

Brrr - I'm sorry about your grandfather. My prayers with you and your family.

I ended up with 8.4 miles at a 10:08 overall pace, but no time after to stretch, so I've been getting random little "zaps" in my glute and lower back from time to time.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

My 5K was a short course.  I only got 2.95 miles, confirmed with other runners.  So no true PR today.  Still, I finished in 19:23 at 6:35 pace, which is 15 sec/mile faster than PR pace.  I finished 3rd overall out of 564.  I'll take it!!  Big grin

Holy crap Phil. Big time congrats!

- Andrew

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Thanks everyone for your thoughts. It means a lot. Smile

- Andrew

Dad on the run.

Took our daughter to a pumpkin patch today and got some nice photos. My sister-in-law, husband and my nephew went with us as well, had a lot of fun! On the way back home we stopped by the New Balance store so I could try on some shoes I've been reading a lot about. Last night I tried going to Dick's and Academy to try on several different shoes but as usual they didn't have my size! Anyways getting back to New Balance, I had been eye balling and reading about the New Balance 890v3, it has everything I want in a shoe, its a 8mm drop, moderate cushion, very neutral and feels responsive enough that speed work doesn't feel sluggish. Well I tried them on and the toe box was the only thing that bugged me, just felt really tight on my big toes, luckily for me they had just got in the v4 and they completely redesigned the shoe and has a much better toe box. With all that said I'm happy to announce I'm now the proud new owner of these!!

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Granite - Congrats on breaking your sub-30 goal

Andrew - Sorry to hear about your grandpa.  I think that still racing was the right thing to do.

Baboon - 3rd OA, great job!

8 with 10x100m strides, and a pleasant chill to the air.

B-Plus

Brrrr - I'm very sorry for your sad news.

SRD

StepbyStep-SH

Took our daughter to a pumpkin patch today and got some nice photos. My sister-in-law, husband and my nephew went with us as well, had a lot of fun! On the way back home we stopped by the New Balance store so I could try on some shoes I've been reading a lot about. Last night I tried going to Dick's and Academy to try on several different shoes but as usual they didn't have my size! Anyways getting back to New Balance, I had been eye balling and reading about the New Balance 890v3, it has everything I want in a shoe, its a 8mm drop, moderate cushion, very neutral and feels responsive enough that speed work doesn't feel sluggish. Well I tried them on and the toe box was the only thing that bugged me, just felt really tight on my big toes, luckily for me they had just got in the v4 and they completely redesigned the shoe and has a much better toe box. With all that said I'm happy to announce I'm now the proud new owner of these!!

Gotta love new shoes! I recently pulled out some MB 890s (maybe v1) that I ran in about 3 years ago before shelving them when my PF flared. I have run in them 3 times in the last 2 weeks with no signs of the PF problems, though I've only worn them on the trail, not pavement. I love how much lighter they are than my usual Asics Cumulus/Saucony Rides/NB 1080s.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.