Beginners and Beyond

Born to Run (Read 64 times)

PADRunner

I enjoyed the book as well. It got me in to reading about running, and I've read a number of good books since then. Some of them:

What I Talk About When I Talk About Running

Duel In The Sun

Eat and Run: My Unlikely Journey to Ultramarathon Greatness

I've read a number more as well, but these stick out as somewhat recent reads.

I want to read Eat and Run, I'll have to check out the others as well.

Thanks

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

I want to read Eat and Run, I'll have to check out the others as well.

Thanks

Definitely check out your local library for some books. Basically I kept checking for running books and they (along with running friends) gave me recommendations.

- Andrew

obiebyke

Thanks for the plug, says your friendly RA librarian obiebyke.

Definitely check out your local library for some books. Basically I kept checking for running books and they (along with running friends) gave me recommendations.

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Never read a book about running other than Pfitz & Hanson marathon training books. (And in those cases, "read" is a strong word.)

I am pretty interested in Unbroken, although that is not a running book per se.

You might enjoy Flanagan's Run by Tom McNab for an entertaining novel about running.  It is set in 1931 and follows characters that participate in a footrace across the US, that actually took place during the Great Depression.  It was a really good read.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

RSX

Thanks for the plug, says your friendly RA librarian obiebyke.

I buy so few books because our library system is so great. I rarely get a movie anyplace else.