Beginners and Beyond

The Bermuda Triangle Challenge, Lily's 10th marathon (RRs and pics) (Read 205 times)

Docket_Rocket

I agree!

Julie, I never ever ever ever EVER again want to hear you talk about how you're slow or a bad runner.  SHEESH, WOMAN.  Damn fine running.  Congrats on your AG award!  The pictures are beautiful (and you are beautiful) and it sounds like you had an amazing vacation.

Congrats on another well run marathon, lily.  Awesome job to Scott too!  I now have the Bermuda Challenge on my list, thanks to Beth and you!

You're amazing, girl!  You are also 2 marathons behind.  Try to keep up.  Joking  Except by time, you kick my ass and I like it!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Just B.S.

I agree!

Congrats on another well run marathon, lily.  Awesome job to Scott too!  I now have the Bermuda Challenge on my list, thanks to Beth and you!

You're amazing, girl!  You are also 2 marathons behind.  Try to keep up.  Joking  Except by time, you kick my ass and I like it!

Well worth the trip!

Make sure to  add some serious hill work into your routine!! Not much flat terrain in the Bermuda Marathon.

Congratulations, Lily and Scott!

Love the Half

Welcome to the world of professional racing.  I got a $75 check from Bart Yasso at my last marathon and no, I have never cashed it.

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

fourouta5

Healed Hammy

Sincere gratz to you and your DH.  Bermuda is a wonderful place, having stayed at the Hamilton Princess on my first honeymoon.  Only 1 WTF: after all the adivise here on RA you end up with soggy/baggy socks..... I soon seen a pair of Vibrams on your wish list, lol.

Seriously, I am actually happier for your DH who got to spend quality time with you, perservered through his races, and shared a memorable experience with you.    Bravo....Bravo.....  Bravo.

Just B.S.

Sincere gratz to you and your DH.  Bermuda is a wonderful place, having stayed at the Hamilton Princess on my first honeymoon. 

My hubby and I honeymooned in Bermuda as well, in 1984. So going back last year (with the same

husand Smile)for the Bermuda Challenge was really nice for us.

We went around and recreated a lot of our honeymoon photos.  We stayed at the Princess last year,

couldn't afford that when we were 21 and 23.Smile

Congrats Lily, and Scott as well.  Your RRs are always wonderful reads, and the island looks beautiful.

Pro runner! Wink

Docket_Rocket

Although I always joke about not training in hills, I lived in PR until 2004, which is super hilly too.  Volcanic islands, bah!

But yes, I'm out of practice now.

Well worth the trip!

Make sure to  add some serious hill work into your routine!! Not much flat terrain in the Bermuda Marathon.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

redrum

Caretaker/Overlook Hotel

That's just sick!

I don't know what else to say.

And rockin the chiseled abs after all of that too.  Aren't you supposed to get all fat & disheveled on vacation?  Wink

Randy

crazyrunninglady

Warrior Princess

I am unsure whether I am more jealous of how fast you or of your abs.

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Excellent racing, both you and Scott! You're a very fast runner, and it seems that Scott has the makings of a pretty fast runner himself. 2:10 unprepared is a great time!

Congratulations to both of you! A great report.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

StepbyStep-SH

What a fun weekend - even with the rain. Congratulations to both you and Scott on well-run races! And you are both so stinkin' cute/gorgeous/handsome that if you weren't also so sweet I could almost hate you. Big grin Wink

I can't wait to hear all about Boston. Good luck with the rest of your training!

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

AnnQ

Wow, what a great report. It makes me want to go to Bermuda (though not necessarily to run 3 races!)  Don't feel guilty about doing better than somebody else, or feeling good about passing someone.  It's a race!  You're a good competitor and good sport.

runwell3

WOW!...congratulations to you both!  Thank you for sharing another outstanding race report, Julie. Your accomplishments are both inspiring and humbling at the same time,  WAY TO GO!!!

outoftheblue

Great racing by both of you.   That looked like some tough conditions on marathon day.   And, congrats on your AG win and $100!   You're officially a professional runner now.

Life is good.