Beginners and Beyond

miles game win and the neighbor covets my light (Read 248 times)

aponi

never runs the tangents

This morning I really wanted to sleep in. It didn't help that it was misting a bit and well Friday. I just couldn't do it though because I didn't run yesterday and we're planning to go hiking tomorrow so my 20 mpw was in danger. It ended up being a really nice run so I'm glad I went through with it.

Do hiking miles count as "miles" for the game?

Anyway, I ran past a guy out getting his paper just as a car was coming. I spotlighted the car with my knuckle light like I typically do and the guy getting the paper asked me if it was a regular flashlight or some fancy running thing. I told him it was a fancy running thing and showed it to him.

His wife has just started running. I'm pretty sure I've seen her, she appeared on the morning running scene right after New Years and so far seems to be hanging in there. He said he never realized how dark it was in the morning until his wife started running. He said my light was "bright as all get out". I'm pretty sure  that's a good thing. He also asked me where I got my bright yellow neon shirt. He's going to get the light now and said that he might get her a shirt like mine to celebrate her 6 week running anniversary. I said that I thought that was really clever, then Bodie got tired of the chit chat so he got the leash in his mouth like he does and dragged me away.

ah spreading light to the neighborhood

“Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan!” Doctor Who

Runny_babbit

hop, hop, hop...

You know, if you're hiking in a hilly area you could do some hill training... Big grin

MM #8764 / HF #6535 / Double Agent #668

PRs: 5K - 27:43, 10K - 57:14, HM - 2:06:18, FM - 5:22:42

~How old would you be if you didn't know how old you were supposed to be?~

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

Hiking miles should not be counted.

aponi

never runs the tangents

I fear trail running. I'm positive that I would get my foot under a root and it would act as a fulcrum to not so much trip me as slam me face first into the ground.

Ultra Cowboy

I fear trail running. I'm positive that I would get my foot under a root and it would act as a fulcrum to not so much trip me as slam me face first into the ground.

...and THAT is how Trail runners are made...

WYBMADIITY

Save

MJ5

Chief Unicorn Officer

I love your stories.  Your posts are my favorite, for real.

Mile 5:49 - 5K 19:58 - 10K 43:06 - HM 1:36:54

Maybe his gifts will encourage her to keep at it.  Just think- you could be directly responsible for the making of a runner!  ; )

"...You have to have faith, to know that you can do what you want to do."  -Joseph Nzau

aponi

never runs the tangents

If nothing else, I think its cool that he's interested in supporting her. I don't remember who is it now but someone on here or maybe RWOL was talking about how her husband wasn't really happy about her running or racing. I think there were some arguments about her spending money on race fees or something. That's just horrible.

thanks MJ5

I type fast and ramble. ;-)