Beginners and Beyond

Who is racing this weekend? Speak up already. (w/e 4/28) (Read 105 times)

Docket_Rocket

Lucky you....

I will probably work up a huge appetite standing around holding the wife's stuff while she races.  Big grin

But I am happy to do it.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Still injured, so my list is filled with volunteering gigs and crewing.

Saturday I'm running an aid station at the Chippewa Moraine 50K up in Northern WI.

Running is dumb.

LRB

Still injured, so my list is filled with volunteering gigs and crewing.

Damn.

I volunteered as well when I could not run.  It did not make me feel any better, but it did not make me feel any worse either.

Is there a light at the end of the tunnel that is not attached to a train for you?

good luck racers-

Scotty- that race looks like fun.

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

YAYpril - B-Plus

I will probably work up a huge appetite standing around holding the wife's stuff while she races.  Big grin

But I am happy to do it.  She's been on the IR long enough, and I'm on camera duty.

My husband doesn't run at all, but he hasn't missed one of my races yet. He's my designated stuff holder and our unofficial official photographer. Smile

Love the Half

Running the University of Charleston Half Marathon this weekend.  Haven't decided whether to race it or do it as a marathon pace run.  Don't think it will be a PR even if I race it.

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Damn.

I volunteered as well when I could not run.  It did not make me feel any better, but it did not make me feel any worse either.

Is there a light at the end of the tunnel that is not attached to a train for you?

I don't know.  I'll probably have to surrender to being a hobby jogger soon.  Or go find a new adductor tendon on the black market.

I'm not sure how volunteering is going to make me feel, but I owe the ultra community a lot.  I'm hoping to have fun!

Running is dumb.

LRB

I don't know.  I'll probably have to surrender to being a hobby jogger soon.  Or go find a new adductor tendon on the black market.

I'm not sure how volunteering is going to make me feel, but I owe the ultra community a lot.  I'm hoping to have fun!

You will, like anything else it is what you make of it.  I directed traffic at the parking garage at one of the events I volunteered, and had a blast!

Runny_babbit

hop, hop, hop...

I'm doing the Illinois Half Marathon in Champaign-Urbana on Saturday (shooting for <2:05:00) and then a 5K back home on Sunday. Will be interesting to see how Sunday's race goes.

MM #8764 / HF #6535 / Double Agent #668

PRs: 5K - 27:43, 10K - 57:14, HM - 2:06:18, FM - 5:22:42

~How old would you be if you didn't know how old you were supposed to be?~

Hip Redux

Where we eatin after?

MBC and I discussed this and we decided on The Republic!  Big grin

Funny thing is we had the meal picked out before we actually signed up for the race. LOL

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

monkkee- also heads up, they were supposed to be done repairing the path after parts were destroyed in Sandy, but construction isn't completely done. So heads up!!!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Zentastic

Chasing Rainbows

I'm not racing this weekend, but I'm looking forward to reading all of your race reports!

The obstacle is the path. - Zen proverb

flarunner

<evil laugh>

You know, I could take all the information from this thread and put it in the sticky thread.

</evil laugh>

happylily

<evil laugh>

You know, I could take all the information from this thread and put it in the sticky thread.

</evil laugh>

LOL... And you could make up some unrealistic goal for each one! That would be mean. Big grin

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Docket_Rocket

That would make TaperBruce (fka bruceD555) tochange his name to OMGBruce.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page