Beginners and Beyond

SATURDAILIES are all right for running (Read 249 times)

Better I Leave

Yes it is. Not to be all downer, but I lost my father to it, and my running buddy (ran the 5k with me today) - his father has it now. I need to find out if we have a race benefitting that around here.

Not at all. It is indeed a horrible disease. I have an online friend who is watching her father, a decorated WWII veteran waste away (very heartbreaking). It was her father who inspired me to enter this race. I not only paid the registration fee, but I donated an additional $25 dollars to support the cause for the cure.

Docket_Rocket

Hi!  We miss you!  Come back, please.

Hey, all.  I'm not really doing the daily thing anymore because, well, I guess because I'm lazy, but I just wanted to pop in and say hi.

Congratulations to all of the racers!  Solid showing all around.

Baboon, I'm so sorry to hear about your knee.  I really hope you get good news from the doctor.

LRB, your line about growing a beard during your 10k made me giggle.

RMTB, I'm glad your ITBS is behaving.  I hope that continues for you.

Damaris, great job on your run and I'm so glad your asthma issues seem to be more under control.

I've been running 40mpw pretty consistently other than last week when I was sick.  It's becoming a bit tedious as I run a lot of it at an indoor track due to the fact that I have very bad night vision and don't run outside in the dark.  I've been having to go to work too early and leave too late to be able to run outside much.  Today I got to run 11 miles outside.  Even though during the last two miles it was snowing/freezing rain and it was hitting me in the eye which was rather painful, it was a wonderful run.

I hope everyone is having a great New Year so far!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Sorry to hear that.  Although I have not lost anybody close to the disease, I always donate and participate of the race because of the cause.

Yes it is. Not to be all downer, but I lost my father to it, and my running buddy (ran the 5k with me today) - his father has it now. I need to find out if we have a race benefitting that around here.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Will run for scenery.

OMG!  Babs, so sorry about the ski injury.  You were always the poster child for dependable, undaunted, get 'r done runners w/o (physical!) issues.  I really hope this turns out to be something minor.

D2 : Dude, ya gotta choose :  either be the inspiring weight loss hero or the superstar athlete.  Leave a scrap of glory for the rest of us !  j/k of course.  great job!

I had a nice 9 mile hike in the (snowy) mountains.  Being morning-impaired as I am, after a luxurious sleep-in and a proper coffee (w/ NYT crossword), I wasn't on the trail until nearly 1:00 pm.  Sun went down fast and it was getting cold, so cut it shorter than I had planned.

I did slip on some ice once and nearly busted my ass really bad.  But - good news folks! - it turns out my ass is just fine.

Here's one vote in favor of longer days. Who's with me ?

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

Vegan Ang

Formerly sdnyc99

5.25 miles earlier this evening.  I hate - and always will hate - running in the cold.  But I hate the treadmill more, so I endure it.

Btw, there are 107 posts on this thread...how do you all keep up??

Angela 

Better I Leave

Btw, there are 107 posts on this thread...how do you all keep up??

I don't know about others, but on my lifting days I do heavy finger curls. Wink **grin**

LRB

Bam!

Better I Leave

**raises hand** Count me in. That and clear mountain trails. All my +8000ft trails are snowbound! ARGH!

Mmmmm...beer

Dtothe2nd, can you imagine if you never decided to change your life?  You would've never known how fast you are!

I know, this whole speed thing is really blowing me away (I know I'm not "fast" in the grand scheme of things, but I'm definitely getting faster than I originally thought possible).  I was just getting used to the fact that I could run some decent distances, and now this, it's going to take some getting used to.

D2 : Dude, ya gotta choose :  either be the inspiring weight loss hero or the superstar athlete.  Leave a scrap of glory for the rest of us !  j/k of course.  great job!

What can I say, I'm just selfish like that. lol  I was really only planning on the weight loss, everything else is just icing on the cake....mmmm, cake.  Big grin

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

FlippyNoodle

Not a dude

Longer days don't mean much for me in terms of running. It's dark at 5am year-round.