Beginners and Beyond

Manpris (Read 98 times)

LRB

I think I have the same aversion to tights as I do to singlets (of which I also own none) - makes feel like I'm taking myself too seriously or something.

Hmm, it seems we have a bit of a conundrum here; what comes first, the speed, the look, or the mindset.

Do the they all converge at a singular point and time in the universe as some suggest the chicken and the egg did?

Of course the answer could be no to all of the above, but what fun is that. 

fourouta5

Healed Hammy

No manpri's for me.  Shorts all the way.  Just like this guy.....he looks pretty fast.

LRB

No manpri's for me.  Shorts all the way.  Just like this guy.....he looks pretty fast.

The guys in the background are getting a kick out of him, and is that a boot he's racing or a studded hi-top basketball shoe. lol

And that could be why you finished in 3:40 something, instead of 3:39. You gotta believe in yourself, man!

Well I did wear shorts for that, despite 30 degrees. Although not short shorts; naturally all my shorts are long ones. Do you think the wind resistance from all that extra fabric flapping around cost me that 33 seconds? Nah, I'm just too slow.

Dave

LRB

Do you think the wind resistance from all that extra fabric flapping around cost me that 33 seconds?

Actually there is a heat factor that correlates to pace where long shorts and the marathon is concerned.  I read somewhere back in the day on RWOL that it could be a difference of upwards of + or -  6 minutes and I bought my first pair of running shorts the very next day!

I have no idea how true any of that is but my shorts have only gotten shorter since. 

B-Plus

Actually there is a heat factor that correlates to pace where long shorts and the marathon is concerned.  I read somewhere back in the day on RWOL that it could be a difference of upwards of + or -  6 minutes and I bought my first pair of running shorts the very next day!

I have no idea how true any of that is but my shorts have only gotten shorter since. 

I don't know anything about this, but that seems way too high. Btw, soon you'll be wearing buns 

Antipodean

I love my capirs, and tights in winter, but I'm female. My DH has some tights but is a bit funny about wearing them without shorts on top. A downside of capris is the wicked tan marks I've currently got from them (summer where I am). 

Julie

"It's not the mountain we conquer, but ourselves."

~ Sir Edmund Hillary

MI_Tim

How about compression shorts with no shorts over them?

How about compression shorts with no shorts over them?

Here's another example.

Dave

LRB

Yeah I would not wear shorts over anything but that is just me, if it works for others that is great.

I have two pair of running tights on order and when they arrive I will wear them as I wear all of my running gear, like a Boss.  Because in running, you can't half-ass anything. If you do you will get like results.

B-Plus

Yeah I would not wear shorts over anything but that is just me, if it works for others that is great.

I have two pair of running tights on order and when they arrive I will wear them as I wear all of my running gear, like a Boss.  Because in running, you can't half-ass anything. If you do you will get like results.

My 2 pair (including manpris) arrived at my hotel. This should be interesting.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

No one wants to see my fat butt testing the expansion capabilities of the material in tights!   That's why, when it does get cold enough to use them, I wear Sporthill pants for my cold weather running.  Much safer and easier on the eyes for EVERYONE.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

LRB

Brilliant

Or running tights in general.  Girls, boys, let's hear it; do you?  Could you?  Would you?

I'm not sure what you're asking the girls, is it a) do we wear them or b) do we think men should?  The answers for me are: a) it's never cold enough in soCal for me to wear them. And b)  some men should wear them, some men shouldn't. Big grin

No more marathons

Just to add my two cents worth - I have one pair of 2XU mens compression running tights that I received as a gift a few years ago.  I use these only for racing, and only when the weather is below freezing.  For colder temps and training I use good old target warmups when it is too cold for shorts.

My thought process is that the warmups will slow me down a bit in a race while the tights will not.  And it's all about those few seconds, am I right?  

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!