Beginners and Beyond

Guten Tag, TUESDAILIES (Read 39 times)

LRB

At least my iPod Shuffle was calling up some good songs this morning - I even ran an extra half-mile in order to keep cranking with a fast one.

Those runs are the best!

D, somehow you and the letters TM just seem so bizarre.  Hopefully it replaces some of them runs you have in the summer down there.

Tom, I am sure I would annoy the heck out of you.  lol

No worries Scotty, I look like a Christmas tree with all the reflective shit I have on.

Hello everyone else!

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Morning!

Cutback week in full effect. MLR of 5 miles for me today, completed at an Easy pace on the TM. We had about three 1/2 hr snow storms yesterday. They were quite peculiar. There's lots of sun planned for today, so by about noon all of the snow should be gone.

I worked half days Friday and Monday and now that's all I want to do. Smile Have a great day everyone.

- Andrew

Docket_Rocket

D - I see you're scheduled to run the RnR Country Music Half. Is that the one in Nashville? You'll be about 2 hours away from me if it is!

It is!  You should register.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

It is!  You should register.

I'm not  yet healthy enough for a half. I know that there's a 5k also, but the price tag is a little steep.

If I can nurse my body back in shape, I might be ready for another half this fall.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

LRB

I worked half days Friday and Monday and now that's all I want to do. Smile Have a great day everyone.

I have that feeling when I take consecutive Tuesday's off in February/March for speed wotk.  It is so cool!

Zelanie

Morning!  Pfitz does not believe in the sanctity of Mondays, that's for sure.  I'm following his HM plan, which doesn't even specify what days you need to run certain workouts on, but since Wednesdays have become my speed days, Monday often ends up being the day for my MLR, like it was yesterday.  But it's down to only 9 miles this week!

Today I just have 3-4 easy planned.

LRB

Speed work for me, except I am going to try it on one of my public routes which should be interesting.

Actually with getting a late start and no pre-run dynamic stretching I really cannot complain.  I averaged 6:45 for the 3 mile steady state tempo portion which requires a bit of luck when running on sidewalks during the morning rush and thankfully today I had a bit.

It was a tad slower than my target pace but all things considered I am happy with the run.

7.5 miles total and now the plan is to eat shit up for the remainder of the week!

outoftheblue

I'm feeling pretty decent, so I think I will hop on the TM later today for 2 or 3 recovery miles and see how everything feels.

Our big excitement here on the farm is that one of our hens went well and truly broody this week.  We realized she had been sitting on the same nest box non-stop for 24 hours, so we moved her in to separate area of the coop in a dog kennel so the other chickens would not bother her and her eggs.  The only problem is that she doesn't seem to realize she is supposed to leave the nest occasionally to eat and drink.  This morning I had to forcibly take her out of her nest and put her next to the food and water.  After a second, she awoke from her trance-like state and began eating and drinking like crazy.   But, she returned right back to the nest as soon as she was done.  Fingers crossed we get Easter chicks!

Damaris -- I see you signed up for the Surfer's Path marathon.  Lucky you!  I so wanted to sign up for that this year, but had a conflict in my schedule.   It looks like a beautiful course and the weather should be great.

Life is good.

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Actually with getting a late start and no pre-run dynamic stretching I really cannot complain.  I averaged 6:45 for the 3 mile steady state tempo portion which requires a bit of luck when running on sidewalks during the morning rush and thankfully today I had a bit.

That's pretty awesome to be able to run 20 min. 5k's as your Tempo run (or pretty close to it). Smile I hope to be there one day! DW and I were talking about how I'm going to have to scale back mileage after DD#2 is born. It might be a good time to concentrate on the 5k distance.

- Andrew

Docket_Rocket

I'm feeling pretty decent, so I think I will hop on the TM later today for 2 or 3 recovery miles and see how everything feels.

Our big excitement here on the farm is that one of our hens went well and truly broody this week.  We realized she had been sitting on the same nest box non-stop for 24 hours, so we moved her in to separate area of the coop in a dog kennel so the other chickens would not bother her and her eggs.  The only problem is that she doesn't seem to realize she is supposed to leave the nest occasionally to eat and drink.  This morning I had to forcibly take her out of her nest and put her next to the food and water.  After a second, she awoke from her trance-like state and began eating and drinking like crazy.   But, she returned right back to the nest as soon as she was done.  Fingers crossed we get Easter chicks!

Damaris -- I see you signed up for the Surfer's Path marathon.  Lucky you!  I so wanted to sign up for that this year, but had a conflict in my schedule.   It looks like a beautiful course and the weather should be great.

Yes, and I'm very excited!  Weather is one thing I am looking for.  Hope it's not too hilly.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Afternoon...

3.5 miles in the books, negative splits, 10:02, 9:45, and 9:24 for miles 1, 2, and 3. 9:24 is my fastest mile since I stopped running in November for my knee. And it's only about 30 seconds slower than my last half. Smile

What's more important is that it's faster than the pace at which I ran my 5K a few weeks ago. It's coming back, slowly but surely.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Yes, and I'm very excited!  Weather is one thing I am looking for.  Hope it's not too hilly.

Laughing graphics

Ummm...you WERE joking right?

Here is a topography description of Nashville:  "The city of Nashville features the topography of rolling hills and lush vegetation..."

I have some cousins that live in Nashville and whenever I visit them and go for a run, I get a LOT of hillwork.

Good luck, Damaris!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Docket_Rocket

Laughing graphics

Ummm...you WERE joking right?

Here is a topography description of Nashville:  "The city of Nashville features the topography of rolling hills and lush vegetation..."

I have some cousins that live in Nashville and whenever I visit them and go for a run, I get a LOT of hillwork.

Good luck, Damaris!

I ws referring to Santa Cruz, CA, BUT THANKS FOR MAKING ME FREAK OUT ABOUT NEXT MONTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Coming from PR, hilly is San Francisco hilly.  The rest is nothing.  But fortunately, I am only pacing hubby at Nashville.  Santa Cruz will be for a PR.  That better be flat.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

LRB

That's pretty awesome to be able to run 20 min. 5k's as your Tempo run (or pretty close to it). Smile I hope to be there one day!

Commit to speed developement and racing the mile, 5 & 10k and you will run paces you never thought possible.

Docket_Rocket

This is the second day at work without AC.  I am starting to get dizzy.

Damaris

Fundraising Page