Beginners and Beyond

+1 to Eric/Admin/Owner/King/God for this feature (Read 318 times)

mucknort

There are many forum features available in the Interwebby Universe, but I want to publicly thank the powers that be (Eric) for one that seems unique to this forum. Most forums give you a choice of either sorting threads by oldest thread or most recent thread (RWOL just added this in their recent sideways-grade). This forum is awesome in that when you click on a thread, you are placed in the position of your last visit. 

Thanks, Eric!

crazyrunninglady

Warrior Princess

Smile

xor

That is something RWOL used to do.

It (specifically, go to the first unread post) is something that eric added here a week or two ago.  There are a couple quirks, like when someone edits an old post, but it is very cool.  It is important to note that this isn't as simple feature as it seems because it requires homework to know everyone's individual position in every thread on the RA planet.

FWIW, post kudos out in the regular forum in the tech support area where other RAers can +1 it and eric himself is more likely to see :-)

mucknort

FWIW, post kudos out in the regular forum in the tech support area where other RAers can +1 it and eric himself is more likely to see :-)

Done, SRL!

There are many forum features available in the Interwebby Universe, but I want to publicly thank the powers that be (Eric) for one that seems unique to this forum. Most forums give you a choice of either sorting threads by oldest thread or most recent thread (RWOL just added this in their recent sideways-grade). This forum is awesome in that when you click on a thread, you are placed in the position of your last visit. 

Thanks, Eric!

I am liking this feature as well.  At first I was a bit befuddled (well more than normal), as I wasn't used to being jumped 'ahead' in this manner, but I got used to it.

Docket_Rocket

The best part is that eric installed this feature because of one of the user's suggestion.  I find that best of all.  The fact that he listens and works hard on maintaining and improving the site is worth staying here.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

kettledrum

Yes!  I love this feature!

This feature means I may never go back to that other place.  Thanks!!  

Take Charge. Train Harder. Suck Less. No Excuses.