Beginners and Beyond

I'm taking a performance enhancing drug (Read 120 times)

Just B.S.

But if I run faster, maybe it'll be worth it. Tongue

If that happens then take double!LOL

Seriously, glad you have an answer,) I missed the diagnosis) and glad you are feeling a little better!

LRB

If that happens then take double!LOL

Really doe!

I was given a steroidal cream for a rash once.  My only concern was that my head wouldn't swell like Barry Bonds!

crazyrunninglady

Warrior Princess

I am severely hypothyroid and take a rather substantial amount of synthroid daily (and have for years.)  If it has enhanced my performance, I'd hate to think how slow I'd be without it.

#artbydmcbride

Really doe!

I was given a steroidal cream for a rash once.  My only concern was that my head wouldn't swell like Barry Bonds!

Where was your rash????   Shocked

Runners run

LRB

Where was your rash????   Shocked

Um, not there.  lol

SheCan

Wouldn't high T4 be hyperthyroid?\

Diagnosis of low thyroid hormone are made via blood samples that measure levels of another hormone—called TSH—that induces thyroid production. The higher the TSH level, the lower the level of thyroid hormone production."

Quoted from the article you linked to.

Funny, I was feeling really, really tired today, so was messing on the computer a lot, when I clicked on to your post.  In fact I was waiting for my DH to get ready so we could go buy some chloroxygen because I heard it helped with energy levels.

Very interesting.  I remember getting a high TSH level reading, too.  Never looked into it though.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

Hip Redux

Correct, high TSH is hypothyroid.  T4 is the hormone that gets produced when TSH is released by the pituitary.   What happens is that if you have high TSH, it means your thyroid is trying to make more T4 but can't.   So a high TSH corresponds with low levels of T4.    There's a feedback mechanism where when you have appropriate amounts of T4, TSH production is shut off.  Without enough T4, the TSH keeps pumping.    So high TSH, low T4 - hypo.  (T3 is also in there somewhere, but I am too lazy to google lol)

StepbyStep-SH

After reading this, now I think I want to have my thyroid levels checked when I do the rest of my blood work (cholesterol, blood sugar, etc.) later this year. I have been feeling fatigued, and slow, though not completely off. I had wondered if I was becoming anemic again but when I went in to donate blood this week, my hemoglobin came back at 14.1, which is one of the highest levels I've ever gotten.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Hip Redux

After reading this, now I think I want to have my thyroid levels checked when I do the rest of my blood work (cholesterol, blood sugar, etc.) later this year. I have been feeling fatigued, and slow, though not completely off. I had wondered if I was becoming anemic again but when I went in to donate blood this week, my hemoglobin came back at 14.1, which is one of the highest levels I've ever gotten.

Definitely look into it if you aren't feeling "right".   It's an easy blood test.

Also -  it's not uncommon for people who have gluten intolerance/Celiac to be hypothyroid.  There's a similar autoimmune component, I guess.    And one of my friends who is hypo said she cut out gluten and has been able to lower the amount of supplement she needs.     Here's one link on it.

StepbyStep-SH

Thanks for the link, Oski. I had never seen any of that information. I will be checking things in the next couple of months and will make sure my doc has this on the list.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Hip Redux

I looked a little more last night - and one of the Celiac info pages said that folks with gluten issues have hypothyroidism 4x's more than the non-Celiac population.

Anyway, this stupid levothyroxine is giving me a bit too much energy - I was up again at 3am, wide awake.  If only I could do something productive during that time....  I'm not sure being awake in the middle of the night is what I would call "performance enhancing" lol   I feel like I was sold a bill of goods. Tongue

Anyway, this stupid levothyroxine is giving me a bit too much energy - I was up again at 3am, wide awake.  If only I could do something productive during that time....  I'm not sure being awake in the middle of the night is what I would call "performance enhancing" lol   I feel like I was sold a bill of goods. Tongue

Why not go for a run?

Wink

Dave

Hip Redux

Why not go for a run?

Wink

There's like bears and shit out there.   Or drunk college kids.  No thanks. lol

Every night though - 3am, wide awake!  It's like clockwork.   If it wasn't so annoying, it would be impressive.