Beginners and Beyond

Thymoleptic Thursday Penguins (Read 28 times)

SheCan

Just over 17 slow miles.  It was nice as I did it on a route I hadn't done for quite a long time, so it made it a little more interesting.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

Zelanie

Cherie, 17 miles- nice!

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Congrats She Can!

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

SheCan

Thank, Zel, and Awood.  It was kind of a wimpy run, really slow, just to see if I could.  I'd really, really like to do a marathon that's coming up on the 16th of Feb.  If I'm able I'd like to do it as a training run for a 50k trail run on March 8.  I'm feeling it out, and haven't signed up for either yet.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

She Can: NICE!! Where are the two races you are considering?

SheCan

Jack, the Marathon is The Lost Dutchman in Apache Junction (near Phx) and the 50k is in the mountains by Las Cruces, NM.  I'm still just holding my breath and crossing my fingers. 

Cherie

GinnyinPA

Cherie - Good job on the 17.   Lost Dutchman is one I'd like to do someday.  So pretty out there.   What is holding you back from signing up?

I ended up doing 8 on the TM thanks to a pretty trail video that kept me interested.  I ran from Mexico to Canada on the PCT in 88 minutes!

Bin Running

Cherie, good job in the 17! Crazy in a good way.

Been busy lately. DS started pre-school class and he's throwing tantrum for last 2 days abt not going. DD is 3mths now and required more attention. DW maternity leave ends this month and shld be more exciting come feb.

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

SheCan

Ginny, I'm a coward!  :-)

Bin-- thanks!  Ahhhhh@ your wife going off maternity leave.  That's going to be hard.  I hope your son adjusts to preschool, and hopefully y'all have found a really good, safe place for the baby.

Cherie

hog4life

Cherie, awesome run! Go ahead and sign up, it'll be like motivation, unless they are too expensive.

Jack, your pics of all that fire are spooky. Sorry to hear about your friend losing their home.

I did 5 miles late afternoon before work. It was 28 degrees with a feels like of 13! Monday I'll be starting the Ryan Hall plan for the upcoming half that Anson and I are doing. I hope to get a sub 1:55 which would be a course PR.

Zelanie

Bin- I always found that the kids who were the saddest about not wanting to go to school would always be the saddest to leave at the end of the year.  It's tough, but hold firm and you'll get past it.

Bin Running

Thanks, Mel..  I hope he will enjoy it and get pass this stage soon..

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar