Beginners and Beyond

It's a couple of firsts happy new years DAILIES... (Read 273 times)

Well I got my four miles in. The wind was a pain, 20 mph made about a forth of my run a pain. I am sure people thought I was a resolutioner. Smile

Kristen- way to go. That's moving along pretty good.

Jjs- what time will that pie be ready. Apple pie sounds good.Actually the cabbage sounds good too, but my family usually makes me spend some time outside after I eat cabbage Smile

Aponi- we had rain also, but I waited it out. I splashed in a few puddles just for the hell of it.

Sparker- good job on ttreadmill. I hate mine. I am glad that the wife will use it some.

Alexis- have fun with the 4. New clothes and gadgets can be fun.

April runner- how cold is it there? Cold weather swimming is nuts and people think runners are weird.

LRB- way to get out there in that baloney weather.

Boyzdeco- good job on the miles. Breakfast waiting is a nice treat.

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

Nightvisionrn

Happy New Year!

did 4 miles in 15 * temps---Brrrr!  no resolutioners; just me and 1 other lone runner who blew past me (and scared the crap out of me!)

B-Plus

Slept in so the holiday doubles have come to an end. I'll run about 11 miles later.

Jess runs for bacon

7 miles of run/walk done on the TM. Still have 6.1 left to do today to complete my Virtual Half. Not at all how I wanted to do it but I am still pretty weak from the ralph fest this weekend. I will finish though, however long it takes.

runmomto3boys

Kristin: He recommended one of those IT bands.  I ordered one, but don't have it yet.  What kind of brace are you using???  Is it helping?  Thanks for the icing/rolling info - I'll definitely heed your advice!  I'm so glad you were able to burn off a 3 miler w/o any pain.  That is fantastic!!!!

Alexis: I haven't seen you on here in a long time!  I'm glad you popped in.  I hope you had a great holiday/New Years!  How fun that you got a new Garmin!  I hope the 4 miler goes well.

TX Diver Mom: Thanks for the tip!  I appreciate it!  I'll take any and all advice that I can get!

Bozy: Nice work on the 8 wet miles!  What a way to kick off the year!

T-Rod: Well done on the 4 miler!

I got in 11.2 miles at 8:51 pace.  It was -1 when I went out...brrrrrr.  My IT band held up OK until the last mile or two.  Tomorrow will be telling.  If I can run > 2 miles tomorrow, then I know I'm on the right track.  If not, status quo.

B-Plus

Kristin: He recommended one of those IT bands.  I ordered one, but don't have it yet.  What kind of brace are you using???  Is it helping?  Thanks for the icing/rolling info - I'll definitely heed your advice!  I'm so glad you were able to burn off a 3 miler w/o any pain.  That is fantastic!!!!

Alexis: I haven't seen you on here in a long time!  I'm glad you popped in.  I hope you had a great holiday/New Years!  How fun that you got a new Garmin!  I hope the 4 miler goes well.

TX Diver Mom: Thanks for the tip!  I appreciate it!  I'll take any and all advice that I can get!

T-Rod: Well done on the 4 miler!

I got in 11.2 miles at 8:51 pace.  It was -1 when I went out...brrrrrr.  My IT band held up OK until the last mile or two.  Tomorrow will be telling.  If I can run > 2 miles tomorrow, then I know I'm on the right track.  If not, status quo.

Whats with the double shout-outs? Are you making up for the rest of us who don't do personals everyday?

I'm so happy to hear you got through 11! Hopefully tomorrow goes well too.

runmomto3boys

Whats with the double shout-outs? Are you making up for the rest of us who don't do personals everyday?

I'm so happy to hear you got through 11! Hopefully tomorrow goes well too.

Ha!  My mistake!!!  I'll edit that...  Thanks for the well wishes.  You've been killing it as of late.  Don't think I haven't noticed!  Keep up the great running!!!!

Ghettopops

Glad you got a run in Heid. We have some cold temps here in MN too. LRB grats n getting an outside run.

Ran a 10k Race this morning with my daughter. We finished 59:24, her best, and only, 10k time. I had a great time running with her even in our sub Zero weather. Had the Photographer take our picture together at the end.

runmomto3boys

Glad you got a run in Heid. We have some cold temps here in MN too. LRB grats n getting an outside run.

Ran a 10k Race this morning with my daughter. We finished 59:24, her best, and only, 10k time. I had a great time running with her even in our sub Zero weather. Had the Photographer take our picture together at the end.

Awww, I love that you did that with her - despite the cold!!!  Do you have the pic?  I want to see it!

happylily

Woke up very late after a fun party at our house last night. Enough with the wine and chocolates for me, my liver can't take it anymore. Plus, I'm up 2 lbs. I just finished 11 miles at 8:08 mpm avg, with 6x850m intervals. The intervals were not as fast as I was hoping, but considering all the turkey and gravy slushing around in my stomach, I won't cry too much about it. My fault. Back to work tomorrow, and THAT makes me want to cry. :-( Time for a bath and then a turkey sandwich. Big grin

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

StepbyStep-SH

Happy New Year, runners and friends!

Taking a RD here because I haven't completely kicked the influenza (or whatever it was that gave me fever, chills and body aches yesterday). Instead, I'll spend the day watching bowl games. My Huskers are making a decent showing (at least at the moment) in the Capital One Bowl, and then I'll see how the Badgers fare at the Rose Bowl (since I live in Wisconsin now).

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

YAYpril - B-Plus

April runner- how cold is it there? Cold weather swimming is nuts and people think runners are weird.

It was about 38*, but the windchill was about 31. Brrr.

Flippy- Thanks, me too!

Heidi- The knee brace was an Ace brand brace- made of some sort of neoprenish material?  It's like a tube with a hole where your kneecap goes and it fits very snug.  And yes, I'm assuming the brace is what allowed me to run today, so I'm psyched that I may have found something that helps!!  IT band- is that one of those big elastic bands that you exercise with?  My BIL mentioned that I could use one of those (stepping side to side in it, that sort of thing) but I haven't ordered one yet and have just been doing the other exercises he told me about (leg lifts and such).  Hope your run tomorrow goes well!  And, man, -1??  Yuck!

T-rod- Thanks!  And I hear you on the wind, it was pretty blowing pretty good here, too.  It occurred to me that I'd normally be annoyed about it but I was just so excited to be out there, I didn't even care! lol

"...You have to have faith, to know that you can do what you want to do."  -Joseph Nzau

Better I Leave

Knocked out 4 miles this morning. Finally got to use my Garmin and upload it too. Nice. Smile

Oh, and Lily, with your 2 extra pounds- pffft!  I managed to pack on eight bad boys that I now get to spend the next month burning off.

"...You have to have faith, to know that you can do what you want to do."  -Joseph Nzau