Beginners and Beyond

Here We Go Again: SUNDAILIES (Read 250 times)

runmomto3boys

Basya: What a great progressive run today.  Toe separators?  Like for polishing your nails???  I've never heard of that, but I bet that feels amazing!  I'm going to try that soon!

Lily: Awesome job on that 17 miler at an incredibly fast pace!

Luke: Ohhhh, sounds like you had a nice trail run.  Yay!  How are the new kicks?  You like?

April: What a great run and you made do the best you could.  The conditions here were the same this AM - sheets of ice everywhere.

Jneilt: Nice job on the 9!

Beth: Wow - -2?!?!?!  You rock!  What a run!

LRB: You are stringing together some great runs.  Is this your longest one yet since the injury?

Ang: What a great run and a fantastic week!  You have bounced back so well!!  Yay!

Code: Woot!  You should be!  You have more PRs to run!!!

Tom: What a great 8 miler!!

AmiK: I so hope that forecast changes and the temps cool a hair, but you have been doing some fantastic running.  You are going to kill it!

Pine Grove Dad: Awww, thanks!

Robert: Thanks!

Chairman

10 easy with 8x100 hard mixed in.

Coalition for a Free and Independent New Jersey

LRB

...Is this your longest one yet since the injury?

Yep, Went out for 8 but it was just too messy, and honestly, it felt as if it were 8 with all the damn tiptoeing I had to do.

So were the 19 in your plan or were you just bored?  Wink

Hope all the sidelined runners get better!

alexis_run_nky

Hello All!

Friday was a SRD and yesterday turned into an URD due to life but today I got in 6 miles at a 9:27 pace...the same pace as my three mile run on Thursday and it seemed pretty easy.  I start school back up tomorrow so I'm hoping my nursing classes don't get in the way of running.

I hope everyone is having a great day....I am getting homemade pizza for dinner so my day is fabulous! Smile

Heidi, I use gel toe separators, like Yoga Toes, but a different brand.

runmomto3boys

Heidi, I use gel toe separators, like Yoga Toes, but a different brand.

I need to look these up!!  I've never heard of Yoga Toes or anything of the sort.

LRB: Great job, though!  Progress!  I wanted to hit 80 for the week, so 19.5 got me there.  Initially, I wasn't sure if I could run a LR after running 15 yesterday, so I wanted 10 at a bare minimum and felt good enough, so kept going....

Scrape: Nice job on the 10 w/some fast running thrown in for good measure!

LRB

Wink

Chairman

Thank you, Heidi

Coalition for a Free and Independent New Jersey

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Count me in as a toe spreader too. It seems to soothe the PF better than the Strasburg sock or roller.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

delicate flower

19.6 done at 8:40 pace, no IT band pain, and I finished the week with 80 miles.  It was a good week.

Nice to have you back!  Smile

<3

Monthly Race with my running club = 10k this month.  And the first race I have run since going out injured in June.

It may have been the worst race I have run since I started racing - PW to be sure.   However, it was not unexpected given my current state.

Predicted pace based on my races with them in early 2012 - 8:51.  What I ran - 9:52.  Bwahahahaha.

You can call me Anna

LRB

Predicted pace based on my races with them in early 2012 - 8:51.  What I ran - 9:52.  Bwahahahaha.

You got the right attitude!  I wonder what my first race back will be like...wait, no I don't.

runmomto3boys

Nice to have you back!  Smile

Awww, thanks: now I am rooting for you to come off the bench.  What a weekend.  I am hoping you get good news tomorrow, Phil.

Angela: I am sorry you have been battling this injury business and had a rough 10K.  What exactly have you been dealing with?

SIAR: Another toe spreader?  Why am I in the dark about this?  I just Googled them - interesting!!

LRB: No, no, no - no need for crazy emoticon dudes doing business like that, but thanks...

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

I haven't posted in awhile.

10 miles in the slush.

Now I have blisters.

Ouch

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Awww, thanks: now I am rooting for you to come off the bench.  What a weekend.  I am hoping you get good news tomorrow, Phil.

Angela: I am sorry you have been battling this injury business and had a rough 10K.  What exactly have you been dealing with?

SIAR: Another toe spreader?  Why am I in the dark about this?  I just Googled them - interesting!!

LRB: No, no, no - no need for crazy emoticon dudes doing business like that, but thanks...

Heidi, I believe it all started with a Peroneal Tendonitis in the ankle.  I started to get swelling off and on in my right ankle at the end of 2011.  However, stupid me figured it was nothing serious and continued to run through it.

It did not hurt to run, it was just stiff and swollen after running, usually in the evening or the next morning.  Started as an intermittent problem and then became chronic (over a period of months).

Then my hamstring started to bother me, again nothing serious just some stiffness and tightness.   I believe the two issues are related.    This went on for months....should have gone to see the doctor but it was not so painful that I couldn't run.

I ran my half in May of 2012 and it went pretty well (1:56:39 - which was a pretty strong PR for me).   But the ankle and hammy continued to complain.   Then it wasn't just the hammy, but the hip and glute that also tightened up.   I did see a PT in there some where and she was no help, what so ever.

Anyway finally in June, I went out for a run and couldn't even go a mile because my leg just seized up.

I figured I would rest it but every time I would start back after several weeks of rest the ankle and upper leg would flare up.

I did finally see a doc (I know I waited way tooooo long - sometimes I have to learn my lessons the hard way).  She never diagnosed the tendonitis explicitly but did say that it was a soft tissue issue related to my high, rigid arches.  My foot does not collapse the way it should, so it puts too much pressure on the peroneal tendon on the outside of my ankle.   (I think I also have an imbalance in the hip girdle area)

She recommended orthotics, I was skeptical.

So it took a few weeks of me still trying the rest and test method before my stubborn self got fitted for the Orthotics.   I got them at the end of September and I have been trying to work my way back slowly.   They seem to be doing the trick on the ankle, I can finally run without it swelling up.   I'm still getting some minor stiffness in my hip area, but am trying to do that Myrtl Routine that you and LRB suggested a week or so ago.

With all the months off, I have lost a ton a fitness and found about 15 lbs - blah.  So it has really impacted my running.

Sorry for the Novel Blush

You can call me Anna