Beginners and Beyond

Sweet SaturDAILIES (Read 44 times)

delicate flower

Wife and I decided to have the dog put down this morning.  She was really struggling with cancer and this morning she couldn't even walk.  We know we did the right thing, but it is so, so hard.  I am heartbroken and will miss my dog.  This isn't easy to go through.

I was supposed to volunteer at a race this morning and had to bail on account of the dog situation.  I feel like kind of a dick for doing that, but what can ya do?

<3

Jess runs for bacon

Wife and I decided to have the dog put down this morning.  She was really struggling with cancer and this morning she couldn't even walk.  We know we did the right thing, but it is so, so hard.  I am heartbroken and will miss my dog.  This isn't easy to go through.

I was supposed to volunteer at a race this morning and had to bail on account of the dog situation.  I feel like kind of a dick for doing that, but what can ya do?

Oh Phil I am so sorry Sad

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Phil, I'm sorry to hear about the dog - poor thing.

It's hard as hell to put one down, but know that as much as she was suffering, she will suffer no more. You did the right thing.

My condolences to you and your family.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

Luke79

Check out these splits from my 5k this morning:

mile 1 - 7:54

mile 2 - 7:27

mile 3 - 9:13 <----- OMFG

Fucking ridiculous.

StepbyStep-SH

Phil - I'm so sorry. It is so hard to make that decision, even when we know it is for the best.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

outoftheblue

Morning folks.  Yesterday ended up being a crazy busy day for me, final house cleaning/shopping/meal prepping for my weekend guests, more poison oak wrangling in the back yard, plus another batch of seedlings needing to be replanted.  I was supposed to get up early and go for a 9 mile run, but ended up sleeping in.  I may have to split it up and do 5 miles today and 4 miles tomorrow, so it doesn't interfere with the family time.

Life is good.

outoftheblue

Phil -- My heart goes out to you.  You did the right and loving thing, but it doesn't make it easy.  We had to put our beautiful, precious dog down due to cancer a few years ago and there aren't words to describe how difficult and heart-breaking that decision was.    (((hugs))))

Life is good.

B-Plus

Sorry Baboon.

Ric-G

morning all...

fla - fantastic 18

april - love TJs

just b  - nice miles there

SIAR - what can i say...great stuff there

luke - the 5k was sorta ok...next time you'll nail it

dave - baked croissants....yum

step - should be ok to sit this one out

marjorie - nice 10.2

runtom - hit that mowing...i do too!

baboon - sorry to hear that...but right thing for the dog who was lucky to have you guys. be well.

ran 12 this morning and felt good...came home and started cooking up stuff in the fridge...ended up with bacon, ham and eggs, oranges, toast, yogurt, strawberries, OJ, raisin bran (sans raisins), life cereal, and of course....coffee. the kids and wife were pleased. now off to saturday chores...take care all.

marathon pr - 3:16

20 miles this morning..................on my bike. Hope to run tomorrow. I need to run, one more day and hope the knee is good.

Sorry to hear about your dog Phil. Tough thing to have to do.

First Race

Hot Chocolate 5K Chicago November 4, 2012 30:17

Second Race

Penguin in the Park 5K Decatur Illinois March 23,2013 27:08

Scott

Docket_Rocket

Hi, guys.  I did 18 with the ultra group.  I wanted to do one more hour but I am still sick and felt bad.  Still, at 18, I cannot complain.

A hug to baboon and MtnBikerchick.  If you need anything, let me know.

LRB, a little birdie told me you had an FE today with a mammal?

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Ball of Fury

Phil:  So sorry to hear that...hugs to you and DW!

Luke:  Ouch!  Looks like that hurt quite a bit....been there, done that!

I had a bit of a rough run this morning...I have a cold, which is pretty minor with just some congestion but was coughing for a good bit of the night...decided to go ahead and run anyway, because I thought it might get worse later in the week and I may have to rest a bit.  Anyway, it supposed to be my long run of 12 miles for the week, and I was going to do a sort of progression run, but it didn't work out very well!  After 2 mile warm-up (10:15/mile), I did manage 7.5 miles averaging 9:01/mile (goal for Hanson long run is 8:50-9:10 so pretty good there), but I had to stop several times for coughing fits, dizzy spells, and just general yuckiness!  Decided to slow down and just head home, still hoping to get to 12, but after a mile @ 10:51, I was dying so I just went home.  Overall, I did get in 10.5 miles on a fairly hilly route and the weather was beautiful so not a total loss!  Total of 51 miles in the last 7 days, so not too shabby.  Hoping this cold doesn't worsen though!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

Morning all.

Baboon - very sorry to hear about your dog. One of the toughest decisions to makre but you did the right thing.

10.1 this morning for me in 40 degrees and light drizzle. Yuck.

LRB

Supp Crew!

1 mile race (6:11) and 10k (44:07) are done, and with that my third running season is on and poppin'!

And for the first time I can ever remember, I do not feel like I raced.  Hmm, I wonder what's up with that.

Phil, sorry for your loss man.  You did the right thing though.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Hey everyone.  My 24 was great...big confidence booster.  I ran 16 with the group at a fairly slow pace, and then did the last 8 as a progression (7:58, 7:51, 7:39, 7:18, 7:19, 7:06, 6:39, 6:21).  Being able to get under marathon pace for the last 2 miles of a 24 and not even be pressing has to be a good sign, right?  Overall time was 3:26:42, with a pace of 8:34.

Baboon...That's really tough.  I'm sorry you guys had to do it.

Luke...Live and learn huh?

Outofblue...Sounds like you've been busy.  Good luck getting the run or runs in, and have a nice time with your family.

Ric...Yum, breakfast sounds great.  Well deserved eating after a good 12 miler for you too.

Sparker...You had me for a second!  I didn't think your long run was up to that yet.  Great ride though, and I hope the knee heals up.

Docket...Nice job with the 18.  Sorry you couldn't get more in.  Did you do it in the Hokas?

AmiK...Sorry you're not feeling well and that the run was tough.  At least you still got some strong miles in there.  Points for effort and execution.

Fuzzy...Way got get out there in the gross conditions.

LRB...Nice racin'!  You must be getting fitter if you're not feeling it.

Hey everyone.  My 24 was great...big confidence booster.  I ran 16 with the group at a fairly slow pace, and then did the last 8 as a progression (7:58, 7:51, 7:39, 7:18, 7:19, 7:06, 6:39, 6:21).  Being able to get under marathon pace for the last 2 miles of a 24 and not even be pressing has to be a good sign, right?  Overall time was 3:26:42, with a pace of 8:34.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn