Beginners and Beyond

No Socks Day Thursday Penguins (Read 29 times)

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Jerry- Dollar tree is acceptable for the card, but I hope you have something else planned as well!

Yep, cards are only 50 cents and DW is not even my mother.  Hmmm, maybe I should pick up some flowers from Aldi's?

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

First time this year having a beer, nap and dinner outside on the deck.  Food is so much better barefoot.

got a perfect  M Day card at Dollar Tree.  Goes something like "always here for you...in front of the TV...but always here"    

GinnyinPA

Obiebykes - I hope you enjoyed your RD.  Did the thunder roll?  I'm glad your comeback from injury is going so well.  I didn't have the patience to follow a plan this last time.  I just did 3 miles - very slowly - three times a week for about a month. After that, I just added about 5 miles a week each month.  Fortunately, so far so good.

Scottydog - I hope you had dry skies for your run.

Jerry - hope you had a good gym workout today.

Margo - have a good weekend in the mountains.  It should be cooler there.  I like your idea of encouraging the kids to cook.  Good for everybody.

PADRunner - any reason for the tight calves?  I hope you were able to work out the kinks.  I bet the rain felt good, especially as dry as it is out west.

Damaris - good job on the humid miles.  It was 91% humidity when we walked Ben this a.m. - and it felt horrid.  Fortunately, as it warmed, the humidity eased here.

Zelanie - I hope you had dry runs today.  I'm glad you're able to do your social run this week.

Redrum - that's a lot of cards.  So did you run or ride?

HopesMom - ticks are out here too.  We pulled a dozen or more off us today while hiking.  Ben's meds keep him mostly tick free, but they were dropping off the trees all over us.  Nice to get recognition for 10 years in the chorus.  I hope your dinner was a fun one.

sapf - did you get your run today?  Good luck on your race Saturday, if I don't remember to tell you tomorrow.

AFM:  The sun came out, so we had a warm 80 degree hike on the AT.  Aside from the ticks, it was a nice hike, through woods and across farms for 12 and a half miles.  We're trying to get in shape for backpacking this summer, so picked an easy but long route.  Including our morning walk, it makes our first 14.5 mile day.

hog4life

Late check in, 10+ for the day.