Beginners and Beyond

DAILIES For Wednesday (Read 50 times)

AmiK, I hope that the soreness is gone tomorrow.

Oski, yard work as cross-training? Like!

Nicole, terrific three-miler with your running partner.

AprilRunner, beautiful run. I love it when folks give words of encouragement.

lilac_jive, great 10.6+2.5 on the TM. My kind o'multitasking.

Damaris, brava on the doubling.

5.0 miles with the run club in 46:14.18. 9:15 pace. Yes, I tripled again. And enjoyed it. The turnout was huge. Folks gave thumbs up and encouraging shout-outs the entire way.

Docket_Rocket

Cautiously optimistic that he will.

Is DH seriously working to become a runner?  If so, congrats to the both of you!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Mmmmm...beer

6.1 more miles @ 7:54/mile, 12.1 total for the day. Smile

Scotty, at least you didn't grab two left shoes! lol

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Rondog65

Hello all,

Happy running to all.

Basya it is glad to hear that Boylston street is coming back strong, been reading that businesses are doing well now.

April I understand your frustration, not sure if I would have written one as I become recluse when I get injured or have a bad event.  Not saying that is a good thing, so good for you for writing it.

Luke did you have to mention the dentist, that always brings up memories of the Little Shop of Horrors and the Sadistic dentist.

Scottydawg don’t worry about your fashion faux pas, my DD would love it.

Docket that is great that DH may take up running, it is great when family and friend can explore common interests.

Today was a SRD, feet are still not recovered, but don’t feel any worse.  Went for a 4 mile walk and stopped to watch the herring making their return to lay their eggs and watched a wild turkey trotting along, just another episode of Mutual of Omaha’s Wild Kingdom with Marlin Perkins.  Still worried about my races and my Half Marathon but today is a good day.

Ron's PRs 5K 24:14 (12/07/2013); Half Marathon 1:53:33 (5/26/2013)

What a beautiful day.  70+, no wind, not a cloud in the sky.  At least one week of winter is forgiven.

7 easy this morning in the warm sun, then 10.4 more tonight, finishing as last light faded.  10x(2:00 near 5K pace, 1:00 recovery).  A bunny tried pacing me for a few yards, and a bat zoomed by later, confident in his aerial mastery.

B-Plus

6 @ 8:03.

Basya - That's impressive with all the tripling. Maybe I'll try that during my next base build!

Damn Shirfan, that's quite the range of wildlife.

Shower and then some Canucks playoff hockey.

Dave, excellent 6.1.

Rondog65, I'm glad that you comfortably walked four miles. I hope that your feet are at 100% soon.

Jay, awesome 7+10.4. I enjoy reading about your encounters with local wildlife.

B-Plus, sweet six. I just enjoy running. I doubled on Wednesdays, most of the time. Now that the weather is improved, I enjoy using my break for a short run. (I wear VFFs at work, so I can just zoomazoomzoom out of there.) it's hoot practice for running in higher temps and sunnier weather.

Ab work and push-ups are done good night, all.

I'm debating with myself about running the 5 Mile Run for HAWC on Sunday. It's a flat course in Salem. It doesn't start until noon. But, my LR one of the highlights of my week.

BruceD555

I got in 6+ miles this evening and chose to run on campus before picking up my DW from work. I randomly chose a route down by the lake and when I got to the end of a peninsula I saw a dear friend (we used to go to the same church) who is training for Leadville. He had already run about 20 miles and was headed back home (about another 7 or 8 miles) but I got the chance to run with him for a couple miles back to where I had parked. It was a completely random encounter that we bumped into each other and it was great to get in a run with an old friend.

Train smart ... race smarter.

Taking a day off today.

Zelanie

Running fail.  Ran 2.5 miles before I couldn't pretend that my knee wasn't hurting.  I think I need to go see a doc.

Docket_Rocket

NOON? Shocked

I'm debating with myself about running the 5 Mile Run for HAWC on Sunday. It's a flat course in Salem. It doesn't start until noon. But, my LR one of the highlights of my week.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page