Beginners and Beyond

What's your running quote of the week? (Read 46 times)

B-Plus

What' the most interesting/funny/encouraging thing you heard out there this week? Here's mine:

"I love it when I woman doesn't wear a bra."

A distant 2nd was something directed at me, when some cyclist came up to me and told me I have amazing speed 

I saw this one just this week and I absolutely agree with it:

"Never, ever, ever judge a run by the first mile."

LRB

"Never, ever, ever judge a run by the first mile."

True dat!

Mine would be this; the beginning of something big, has to begin somewhere.

It's not quoted because I just came up with it.  

Zelanie

Heh, this week it would be something like "just keep going and you'll get done eventually."

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Recently, especially in San Antonio I have been hearing / saying a lot of , "Good Morning"

Not that it is a running quote...  exactly... but I hear it while running.  Wink

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Recently, especially in San Antonio I have been hearing / saying a lot of , "Good Morning"

Not that it is a running quote...  exactly... but I hear it while running.  Wink

We San Antonio runners are very friendly! 

My quote for this week:  "Idiot!  Turn your head DOWNWIND if you have to puke on the run!"

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Love the Half

I said this near the beginning of a group run that I was waiting to start, and waiting, and waiting.  "You folks gonna run or just talk about it?"  

Then again, my favorite running quote of the past week happened yesterday on a 15 mile run.  The guy I was running with and I stopped for a few minutes at a water fountain.  This was around 11 miles into the run  I'm 51, he's 57.  We were stopped for maybe 3-4 minutes.  Of course, we stiffed up just a smidgen while stopped.  Then we started again.

"Ouch."  "Shit."  "Fuck."  "Oh crap."

I can't recall who said what.

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Saturday's race, "thought it was supposed to be cooler today".

FSocks

KillJoyFuckStick

"No one really cares if you won the Joe Schmo 5K so quit being such a prick"

Not exactly those words but that was the gist.  Yes, the "Joe Schmo 5K" was referenced.

You people have issues 

onemile

I received an encouraging "Push it, baby!" the other week from a guy in a bar as I ran past.  I had to laugh.

B-Plus

True dat!

Mine would be this; the beginning of something big, has to begin somewhere.

It's not quoted because I just came up with it.  

Quoted.

delicate flower

"Let's get frozen yogurt."

Wife said this to me after our hot 8 mile run yesterday.

<3