Beginners and Beyond

Super Fly Saturday Dailies (Read 42 times)

Will run for scenery.

Oh, my poor trail!

The Barr Trail up Pike's Peak is a disaster.  It's been overused and eroding all summer but the crazy rains have killed it. Boulders (one taller than me) fallen in the trail, several inches of precious soil washed away, and miles of tread replaced by rut-canyons.

I walked up halfway (7 miles) and ran down.  A whole lot of that I was either banking side-to-side or straddling the central crevasse.  Every ductor I got is sore !

GOOD NEWS : the Chanterelle mushrooms are (finally) out!  I got as many as I could carry and plan to cook 'em up as soon as I'm sober and hungry enough.  (I had a little hydration and lunch afterwards...)

*MAYBE* I'll do a 15 miler tomorrow, but there's a full day of rain forecast, and if they close the pass it will add hours onto the drive.

Again, GOOD LUCK RACERS!!!

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

B-Plus

Welp, guess I better get off my tush and get out there for a few more miles, sigh.

Thinking of doing the same but ice cream might win out.

LRB

Picnic was a success.  We made a few thousand dollars, and I got puppy kisses.  

Winners win, of course!

4 easy done.

Docket_Rocket

She's certainly around. I haven't seen or talked to her directly since the marathon though. I have to text her about something though...

When you do, tell her she has forgotten me, sniff.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

meaghansketch

I think I'm coming down with a little bit of a cold (or I just have really bad allergies?) but since it's just in my head and not in my lungs, I went ahead with my progression run today anyway.  16 miles, first 8 easy, next 8 working from 10:00 pace to 8:03 pace for the last mile.  Felt good throughout, but I've spent the rest of the day in bed eating soup and feeling sorry for myself.  Tomorrow I'm supposed to meet a friend for a few slow miles, I hope I feel up for it.

Congrats Oski on the picnic!

Good running everyone!

Docket_Rocket

My 8 went not so well.  Breathing problems but still faster by my standards from last month.  I hope my breathing resolves by tomorrow since I have 10 @ MP within a 20 miler.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

Felt good throughout, then I spent the rest of the day in bed eating soup and feeling like a million fuckin' bucks for getting it done!  

FYP yo!  Good runs are rare!

meaghansketch

FYP yo!  Good runs are rare!

Yes!  So true.  I was so grateful for such a beautiful day and such a wonderful run today.  Just wish I hadn't wasted the whole rest of the day!