Beginners and Beyond

My No. 5: USRA Columbia Half Marathon RR (Read 289 times)

Pinktastic

Congrats on finishing a ho-hum race and keeping your spirits positive throughout!   You've had a fantastic year, and I wish you an even better 2013!!   LOVE your pic - thanks for sharing!   I hope we'll be seeing more RRs from you next year!!

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.

Anomalous

Thanks!

Funny bit of info: One of the Fanatics that also ran the race stated in her RR that Mr. Reinke himself was there and that he was the announcer. He also drew a line on the road with his foot to mark the start. Roll eyes

I was in the back so I didn't see that mess. 

Half Fanatic  #3091  ~   Marathon debut: 11/16/13 Anthem Richmond Marathon

"Run from what’s comfortable. Forget safety. Live where you fear to live. Destroy your reputation. Be notorious." - Rumi

buchy2009

Bjørnmannen

Congrats on the race!  Nice RR!

Blog

2013 Goals: (1) Sub-30 5k; (2) first marathon; (3) 1500 miles logged; and (4) 14 races total.

Upcoming Races: (1) 5/18- Viola Valley Half Marathon; (2) 6/9- Ann Arbor Half Marathon; (3) 7/4- Music City 10k; (4) 8/10- Granville Irish Half Marathon; (5) 9/22- Bluegrass Half Marathon; (6) 10/6- Music City Half Marathon; and (7) 10/20- Detroit Free Press Marathon.

TWHgal

Stress fx Queen

You've done great this year so don't fret about one bad race.  I can't wait to run with you in Jan!!  Now that will be a low key race!

Cindy 

Anomalous

You've done great this year so don't fret about one bad race.  I can't wait to run with you in Jan!!  Now that will be a low key race!

Can't wait to meet and run with you too, Cindy! Big grin

"Run from what’s comfortable. Forget safety. Live where you fear to live. Destroy your reputation. Be notorious." - Rumi

Nevrgivup

Congrats on your last race of the season! You are adorable! I can't wait to see what you have planned next year. 

Running is my mental-Ctrl-Alt-Del. 

Anomalous

Congrats on your last race of the season! You are adorable! I can't wait to see what you have planned next year. 

Awwe... thank you Hilary!  Blush

delicate flower

(late to the party!)

Congrats on another HM finish!  Sounds like a "functional" half marathon.  I've done races like that.  No frills, no excitement, just a route with a finish clock.  It's hard to get really jazzed up for those races.  260 people spread out over 13.1 miles...there had to be some periods of running alone.

proud sherpa

MJ5

Chief Unicorn Officer

Congrats! I enjoyed reading this because I went to USC and used to run down by the river all the time and it brought back some memories!

Mile 5:49 - 5K 19:58 - 10K 43:06 - HM 1:36:54

Supersono99

Congrats on your 5th. Sorry it wasn't the best.