Beginners and Beyond

People watching (we are weirdos) (Read 194 times)

sitting alone at dinner tonight watching people I realized (again) that people are strange.

A lady lays out a few crackers on the table (clean napkin right next to them) and poured hot sauce all over them and proceeded to eat the crackers straight off the dirty table. Barf.

i watched a lady (attractive woman) in traffic pick her nose (two knuckles deep) twist it around while in there and .....yup......ATE it. I wanted to honk at her so she would realize people could see her but just watched in amazement. The sad thing is, she's gonna go home and kiss her husband hello.

PR's : HM 1:51:15  -  5K 21:27

happylily

Your post made me laugh. Big grin

Yes, you're right. You're all strange. :-)

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Better I Leave

**Channels Jim Morrison**

"People are strange, when you're a stranger..."

happylily

**Channels Jim Morrison**

"People are strange, when you're a stranger..."

Very good! :-)

Luke79

This is everything that my self consciousness and insecurity is made of.  It scares the hell out of me to think someone would analyze my actions in this way.  I don't mean any offense rollcast, I'm sure you mean no harm.

happylily

This is everything that my self consciousness and insecurity is made of.  It scares the hell out of me to think someone would analyze my actions in this way.  I don't mean any offense rollcast, I'm sure you mean no harm.

Luke, I used to think like you. But now, I've accepted that I'm a weirdo to everyone I meet and frankly, everyone just seems weird to me. We are all unique and weird. And that's a beautiful thing, really. Smile

People are indeed strange.

There was a guy in the neighborhood where I grew up with some OCD about his mailbox.  When I delivered papers as a teenager, he would be out there at the crack of dawn, or in the rain, or in the evening.  He'd look in the box, carefully inspect every corner, close it back up... and then start all over.

I ran past his house a few months ago and he was STILL at it, 20 years later.  Amazing.  The next night on that same route, I saw a dead squirrel in the road right in front of his mailbox...and it was late, and the house was dark.   SO much temptation to put the squirrel in the box, but I guess I'm just not that mean.

MrNamtor

The sad thing is, she's gonna go home and kiss her husband hello.

Not that that isn't completely gross, but the truth is that our stomach content contains a fair amount of snot at any given point.  We sniff in and swallow snot on an almost constant basis, especially as  runners.

MrNamtor

We are all unique and weird. And that's a beautiful thing, really. Smile

Some weirdos are more beautiful than others.

Luke, I used to think like you. But now, I've accepted that I'm a weirdo to everyone I meet and frankly, everyone just seems weird to me. We are all unique and weird. And that's a beautiful thing, really. Smile

Yup.

We are all the same just in different ways.

MrNamtor

We are all the same just in different ways.

I don't pick my nose and eat the boogers though. I might do the hotsauce on the cracker thing, but yeah, I'd use a plate.

Better I Leave

I don't pick my nose and eat the boogers though...

Neither do I. I'm also very careful about going to sleep with an "itchy" butt. Know what I mean? **grin**

MrNamtor

I see you are familiar with ancient chinese sayings. I knew you were an educated man PGD.

Better I Leave

I see you are familiar with ancient chinese sayings.

**Nods in agreement. Dave and Nam are on the same page** Big grin