Beginners and Beyond

Thursday Ice Penguins... (Read 18 times)

Zelanie

In Costa Rica there are actual parking attendants who are just guys in orange vests along the roads. They give you advice as you park, then you tip them when you leave. But it's a legit thing.

Brilliant

Hello Penguins!

Scotty, I hope poor ole Sinatra doesn't have to wear the cone of shame too long. Sad

Damaris, enjoy your super cold weather. Smile

8.7 tempo run done this morning.  I like running but I hate training (which I define as running some pace/distance I don't want to run!)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

They want you to "tip them" to watch your car or "something might happen to it." It's a shakedown.

Yeah, that happened a lot too in some places in Asia I was in.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Robert31320

Team TJ

My plan was for 4 this afternoon after work.  We worked at the regional airport today alongside the tarmac.  I'm still cold therefore no running for me today.  The windsock never lost its erection today!

Running for TJ because he can't.

Docket_Rocket

4 with 6 X 100m strides done.  Now waiting for my dad and GF to arrive so we can go eat.  And drink!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

I hope they aren't renting a car.  Anyway, we got DD and her roommate to the airport on time.  Took almost 2 hours through a rush hour snowstorm for what is usually a 20 minute drive.  With a 6 hour layover at Heathrow, it will take them about 24 hours to get to Cape Town.  Apparently the main attraction there is to see the PENGUINS.   At least the initial stress is over, but I'll probably be getting up all night checking FlightAware.

Looks like we will be back to the track tomorrow.

tracilynn

They can see penguins in here. Scotty posts a pic every day! And it's closer

~~~~~~~

Traci

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

...and a lot cheaper !!!