Beginners and Beyond

Le Tour de France (Read 75 times)

Hip Redux

OK, who is watching this year?

Woot!

Love the Half

Me.  The Tour is my 2nd favorite sporting event of the year (behind March Madness).  One of these days, I'm going to drop 10-15 grand and go watch the whole glorious thing.

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

happylily

I don't watch sports on TV. And I don't have cable. But I AM interested when you all talk about it and if I did want to watch a sport on TV, the Tour would be on my list. Who is favoured this year? (not that I know anyone anyway, but I'm curious...)

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Hip Redux

Me.  The Tour is my 2nd favorite sporting event of the year (behind March Madness).  One of these days, I'm going to drop 10-15 grand and go watch the whole glorious thing.

I've been telling my husband that we need to make it my turning 40 birthday trip.  I have a couple of years  to save up!

LRB

I have loosely watched it over the years going way back to the days of the black and white TV.  And for you youngin's, no the TV was not black and white the screen was.  lol

happylily

Since no one wants to make a prediction, I will: Froome to beat Contador. (Okay, I admit I stole that from Richard over in L&O. )

How's the sport now? Any cleaner?

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

LRB

I'll take Greg Lemond in 17 stages.  

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

My wife and I watch it every year. I hope to get our DD's involved too. It's really fun.

I can't believe what happened in Stage 1. I feel bad for that guy in Quickstep. Sad

- Andrew

Hip Redux

My wife and I watch it every year. I hope to get our DD's involved too. It's really fun.

I can't believe what happened in Stage 1. I feel bad for that guy in Quickstep. Sad

We DVRed it and will watch later.  Of course, I checked Facebook and saw the results already.

And so begins three weeks of me trying to avoid spoilers until we can watch the day's stage!!

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

We DVRed it and will watch later.  Of course, I checked Facebook and saw the results already.

And so begins three weeks of me trying to avoid spoilers until we can watch the day's stage!!

Yeah, we also DVR it but we caught the end of Stage 1 this morning.

- Andrew

LRB

Trying to live in the old bubble 'eh?  It was a lot easier back in the day before they went and put the world and everything going on in it in our phones.  lol

Love the Half

Since no one wants to make a prediction, I will: Froome to beat Contador. (Okay, I admit I stole that from Richard over in L&O. )

How's the sport now? Any cleaner?

It's very likely to come down to which, among those two, is the best time trialist.  I have my doubts that either will be able to put significant time on the other in the mountains.  But, you test your rival every day because all it takes is one bad day for your opponent in the saddle and you pick up 2-3 minutes.

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

Hip Redux

Ugh, we just watched.  Cav Sad

You Rang?

Can anyone tell me what part of France Yorkshire is in?

Rick 

PR: 5k 25:01 (10/15) 10k: 57:44 (7/14) HM: 1:57 (5/15) FM: 4:55 (1/15)

catwhoorg

Labrat

Had a fantastic day out roadside at Reeth yesterday 65 km to go, so saw Jens out on his own the the bunch chasing. Shame aboyt Cav, but yes Froome over Contador is my GC  prediction.

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18