Beginners and Beyond

The Official RA BF&B Facebook Thread (Read 2463 times)

Docket_Rocket

Sort of like this?

pretty women often look like cats.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

@runjerseygirl

Do you even run?

MrNamtor

Sort of like this?

exactly!

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

pretty women often look like cats.

Just like this?????

Haha.... ok.... I think I understand it was meant as a compliment now. Thanks, haha. And hopefully your mean more like this:

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

happylily

Sort of like this?

What a cute kitty cat! :-)

This reminds me of a couple of outfits I bought in the past, thinking I'd wear them for my SO's pleasure. But they were so damn uncomfortable! Plus, they never stayed on very long anyway... Now, to hell with the cute outfits. He gets the old t-shirts, or he gets nothing. Big grin

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

happylily

Kristin, hahahha...

But I can't see the second picture!

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Kristin, hahahha...

But I can't see the second picture!

Let me try again

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

What a cute kitty cat! :-)

This reminds me of a couple of outfits I bought in the past, thinking I'd wear them for my SO's pleasure. But they were so damn uncomfortable! Plus, they never stayed on very long anyway... Now, to hell with the cute outfits. He gets the old t-shirts, or he gets nothing. Big grin

I bet he prefers the nothing Smile

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

MrNamtor

Pictures from my visit to the Brooklyn neighborhood where I spent a lot of my childhood.

My grandparents house in Brighton Beach.

Docket_Rocket

Ooh, my BFF lives in Brighton Beach too.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

MrNamtor what neighborhood did you grow up in? I live in Brooklyn.

happylily

Tomas... Blush

Namtor, finally a picture of you.:-) Thank you! I love NY and not just the downtown, most known areas. I hear Chicago is a great city as well. I'll have to visit it one of these days...

Kristin, I still can't see the pic. But maybe it's my computer?

MrNamtor

@docket where in sheepshead bay?

@kristen I was born in flatbush, lived on E. 2nd street for the first 7 years of my life. My grandparents (that house) is located off the Belt parkway near Coney Island hospital. My parents lived in Bay Ridge for about 15 years though that was after I'd gone to college and moved out. I also lived in Cobble Hill and Carrol Gardens as an adult for about 10 years, and had an art studio for 3 years in Bushwick. Where in Brooklyn do you live?

@lily Yes, people mostly go to manhattan when they visit NYC but you're absolutely right about the outer boroughs. So much treasure out there. Chicago IS beautiful, I love living here - miss New York but Chicago is so livable, it's a big generous city with great public spaces and not overcrowded. I love Quebec too, well at least where I've been, Montreal and Quebec city and some of the country side. My wife and I have often gone there for a long weekend. Where did you grow up exactly?

MrNamtor

I hear Chicago is a great city as well. I'll have to visit it one of these days...

We have a guest room and live near the Lake. Any time, not an empty invite. Big grin

Docket_Rocket

Not sure but I'll check.  Russian neighborhood.  All I could think of while driving around her area was The Warriors!  She is not super close to Coney Island but she runs on the boardwalk. 

@docket where in sheepshead bay?

@kristen I was born in flatbush, lived on E. 2nd street for the first 7 years of my life. My grandparents (that house) is located off the Belt parkway near Coney Island hospital. My parents lived in Bay Ridge for about 15 years though that was after I'd gone to college and moved out. I also lived in Cobble Hill and Carrol Gardens as an adult for about 10 years, and had an art studio for 3 years in Bushwick. Where in Brooklyn do you live?

@lily Yes, people mostly go to manhattan when they visit NYC but you're absolutely right about the outer boroughs. So much treasure out there. Chicago IS beautiful, I love living here - miss New York but Chicago is so livable, it's a big generous city with great public spaces and not overcrowded. I love Quebec too, well at least where I've been, Montreal and Quebec city and some of the country side. My wife and I have often gone there for a long weekend. Where did you grow up exactly?

Damaris

Fundraising Page