Beginners and Beyond

Thursdailes are up (Read 48 times)

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Good morning all.  Sorry about not making it on yesterday.  I did manage a good day of running, getting 4 in before our group run and then going out with the group for 5 as well.  I've kinda settled on 3600 miles as my goal number for the year, so I'd like to get in 300 this month and have been squeezing in miles where I can.  This morning, we're doing a crazy hill repeat session in the middle of our 10 miler:  8x1:45 hills, with the pace up equal to the pace down.  So, we'll shoot for something in the 7:00-7:15 pace and see what happens!  I did it once last year and remember it being a real killer.

Hope you all get some good runs in today.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

LRB

I am heading out the door for a run right now, be back later!

8 on the treadmill.

Dave

happylily

7 recovery miles after work

(((Damaris)))

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

delicate flower

Hello then SIAR, LRB, DAVE, and all LATE COMERS!  omg it's 7:40....wake up for Pete's sake.  No, I don't know who Pete is.

Gym session this morning.  20 minute treadmill warmup, then a legs/PT workout.  Jump, jump, jump.  Looks like the resolutioner invasion is retreating.  Easy run on the post-work schedule.  Hopefully the rain will hold off.

<3

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Back from my workout.  I guess time truly dulls memories...that was way more difficult than I recalled.  The hill was longer too, which led to 6 repeats instead of 8.  Here's what it looked like:

Climb 1            Gain     148ft        Time     3:27      Pace     7:49

Descent 1        Loss     148ft        Time     3:32      Pace     7:45

Climb 2            Gain     148ft        Time     3:27      Pace     7:56

Descent 2        Loss     148ft        Time     3:29      Pace     7:40

Climb 3            Gain     148ft        Time     3:31      Pace     7:58

Descent 3        Loss     148ft        Time     3:23      Pace     7:19

Climb 4            Gain     148ft        Time     3:31       Pace    7:59

Descent 4        Loss     148ft        Time     3:18       Pace    7:18

Climb 5            Gain     148ft        Time     3:37       Pace    8:08

Descent 5        Loss     148ft        Time     3:27       Pace    7:39

Climb 6            Gain     148ft        Time     3:49       Pace    8:39

As you can see, the last couple really hit me, but I didn't slow that badly.  Overall, we did 9.8 miles, so the 8 I thought I would do would have been too many for the time we had anyway.  This isn't the kind of workout I'll do a lot of, but maybe once more this cycle I'll try to go back to this guy just for the sake of comparison.

This evening, I'll run an easy 3 miles with a friend and then head to yoga class.

LRB...hope the outdoors were good to you.

Dave...Nice 8!

Lily...recover well

Baboon..sounds like a good workout.  Are you nervous at all about your ski trip coming up?  The resolutioners didn't seem to last long this year.

Docket...so sorry to read about the loss of your kitty.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Hi Dailies friends! Going to yoga tonight.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Docket_Rocket

Morning.  I have 7 miles.  We'll see.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

delicate flower

SIAR, I am reading that correctly, the hill is about .4 miles long?  That looks like a seriously tough workout.  148 feet of climbing over that distance sounds steep.

I am not nervous about my ski trip.  I am quite excited about it, actually.  I'm going to take it easy though...no double diamonds or really hard trails, unfortunately.  Last trip we took to Utah, I was loving that stuff.

<3

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

SIAR, I am reading that correctly, the hill is about .4 miles long?  That looks like a seriously tough workout.  148 feet of climbing over that distance sounds steep.

I am not nervous about my ski trip.  I am quite excited about it, actually.  I'm going to take it easy though...no double diamonds or really hard trails, unfortunately.  Last trip we took to Utah, I was loving that stuff.

Yup, that's the right math - it's .45 miles long, and definitely a doozy.  That's awesome that your knee feels strong enough that you're confident in it.  Maybe in another season or two you can get back on the double blacks and crazy trails, but for now it's probably smart.  Even still, I'm sure the runs you do will be amazing.  It's been a long time since I've had a good ski trip, but I can still think back on my Jackson Hole and Whistler trips quite fondly.

Kristin...Hey yoga buddy!  What class do you do?  Mine is called a Power Vinyasa Flow, for level II and III.

Docket...Hope you feel up to trying the run.

HobbitLegs

elevenses

Damaris - so sorry for your loss, hugs to you.

Hi everyone. I've been sick for the past several days. On Monday I bagged a run about 3 miles in because I didn't feel well. I got home and had a fever and found that DH stayed home from work because he didn't feel well. We went to the doctor and were told we had mild flu. We both had shots so it wasn't as severe as it could have been. It's hit our area hard. Two children and several adults have died. DH went back to work yesterday and I'm going back in today.

Our group run is tonight, but we'll probably just go in and see our friends after then run. I may go out tomorrow if I'm feeling up to it.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

6.2. Didn't have any more time because I got a freaking bloody nose a few minutes into the run. And not just one side. No, my nose decided both sides would be a good idea. So lucky I was only a little ways from the hotel. Walked back since I didn't have any tissue with me. Finally got it to stop. Went out again with tissue this time. Had to keep reminding myself no snot rockets. Hard when it was 34 degrees so my nose was a fountain.  They are nearly automatic for me. (I have a very active nose year round when I run).  At least it didn't start gushing again. I stopped again around mile 3 to get more tissue at a Paneras. But that nice delay meant no 10 for me. still, a run is still a run and I got a few tempo miles in there Now I'm at the airport to go home.

Marjorie

StepbyStep-SH

Morning, folks!

I'm going outside again after taking DS to school - somewhere in the 7-8 mile range. A lot more windy today than yesterday.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

LRB

Morning.  I have 7 miles.  We'll see.

Your avi is perfect!

LRB

LRB...hope the outdoors were good to you.

I slept late and it took everything I had to get up and out in that cold ass windy crap and get 6 miles in.  I did it though and managed 6 strides directly into a headwind over the last 2 miles so it turned out into a bitchin' run after all!

Due to the shit weather we have had, today was my first time running strides outside in four weeks.  Man, those are a fabulous way to end a run!