Beginners and Beyond

Rise and Shine sleepy Penguins its Monday! (Read 25 times)

Docket_Rocket

Ginny, coincidence, but probably caused by the same (new food). It's a pet caused disease when they stop eating.

obie, Trixie is recovering well so I have hope and it's better than other diagnosis.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

GinnyinPA

What cat food did you switch to?  Sounds like it was just too rich.  Blue Buffalo can be that way for some dogs.

Soccer game tonight, so I don't have to run today. Hahaha! It is cold out in the teens after a couple of days being spoiled reaching 40F for nice runs.
        Docket_Rocket

What cat food did you switch to?  Sounds like it was just too rich.  Blue Buffalo can be that way for some dogs.

As reccomded, we switched to Wellness Core which is high protein.  But their illness is for failure to eat so I guess they did not like it.  We are back on halo and everyone is eating but Daisy.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

tracilynn

Our cat is really sick too. He has chronic diarrhea and nothing helps it. Have tried everything. 5 foods, weekly b12 shots, steroids, pumpkin, you name it.  No kill shelters won't even take him nor foster homes.  Who wants a cat with chronic uncontrollable diarrhea?!?  He is 6 months old but size of 3 month old. He's a great cat other than this fn  diarrhea. Think we will euthanize later this week. 

~~~~~~~

Traci

Docket_Rocket

Oh, no!  The vet has no idea what is causing it?

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Zelanie

Oh, Traci, I'm so sorry.

tracilynn

They dont know really. it could be bowel disease which has no cure.  Need a $1500 procedure (scope) to prove bowel disease but seems pointless to me since there is no cure.    Have already spent close to $800 in past 3 months. Ugh!!

~~~~~~~

Traci

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

6.1, 12F. miles on the streets.  Planned 4 but felt good with lots of layers and ski gloves.  That's 1,197 ytd.  Hmmmm how far should I run tomorrow ???

Sorry about your cat Traci.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

They dont know really. it could be bowel disease which has no cure.  Need a $1500 procedure (scope) to prove bowel disease but seems pointless to me since there is no cure.    Have already spent close to $800 in past 3 months. Ugh!!

$800 !!!  That's a lot of shoes, Traci.

Docket_Rocket

I am sorry, Traci.  I just know how much you can spend in finding an answer.  Trixie's bills were close to $5000 and I was just hoping there was no cancer or it would've been for naught.  Hugs.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Mmmmm...beer

Well, no completely arbitrary goal for me, stomach bug woke me up last night, puked just about every hour through the night.  Just now getting some real food back in me.  Dry heaves are a great core workout. :P

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Amazonian Princess

Well, no completely arbitrary goal for me, stomach bug woke me up last night, puked just about every hour through the night.  Just now getting some real food back in me.  Dry heaves are a great core workout. :P

I think I had that on Saturday! Did a nice 4.75 miles, ate breakfast then saw it again 20 minutes later. DH and I called it a "Coin Flip" virus because for about 24 hours it was always coming up (via) heads or... well, you know 

Hope you keep feeling better!

I can. I will. I am. 

GinnyinPA

Traci - I'm sorry about your sick kitty.  It sounds like her quality of life isn't good, and if there's no likely cure, you will have to make the hard decision.  Sorry.

Dave - seems like a lot of people have had stomach viruses lately.  I hope yours is a quick passing one.  Sorry about your goal though.

OFS - I know what you mean about being spoiled by the lovely weather this week.

Jerry - enjoy your three tomorrow.

Bin Running

Ginny, I am a lone ranger most of the time.. Big grin I do meet some familar faces when I am doing my rounds on the indoor track but only wave hi to a fews.. Monday is sort of my company get together and jog night..

Traci, sorry abt the kitten..

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar