Beginners and Beyond

PSA for the ladies (Read 572 times)

@runjerseygirl

Invest in BodyGlide.  Use it.  No, use more.  Yes, even in the winter.  Ouch.

Do you even run?

happylily

What is wrong with my body parts that I've never had to use BodyGlide once in my life? I feel left out of something significant, for some reason... Where are we supposed to use it? (if I'm not being too indiscreet)

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

bluerun

Super B****

Anywhere you'd chafe, I suppose.  (For me, oddly, this is a recent development, but for some reason I've started chafing where the HRM sensor meets my skin.  BodyGlide is a miracle, it's true.)

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

workinprogress11

What is wrong with my body parts that I've never had to use BodyGlide once in my life? I feel left out of something significant, for some reason... Where are we supposed to use it? (if I'm not being too indiscreet)

I'm with you. I've never had to use it either. Maybe my skin is industrial strength or something.

MJ5

Chief Unicorn Officer

Same here!

Mile 5:49 - 5K 19:58 - 10K 43:06 - HM 1:36:54

Little Blue

Same here!

Me too.  I've used it once or twice on really hot, sweaty days just in case, but I don't think I actually needed it.

@runjerseygirl

Nothing is wrong with you ladies.  It just means you're slim and toned, and your body parts don't rub together when you run.  Like your thighs.

Do you even run?

Nothing is wrong with you ladies.  It just means you're slim and toned, and your body parts don't rub together when you run.  Like your thighs.

My sister says the worst part of marathon training is the shower afterwards. She says she always finds some new spot that hurts.

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

@runjerseygirl

Fool proof way to find out where you should use BodyGlide next time.

My sister says the worst part of marathon training is the shower afterwards. She says she always finds some new spot that hurts.

Do you even run?

Jess runs for bacon

Oh mine do, but that's what nice compression pants/shorts are for Smile

I have a scar on my arm from wearing a tank while running and chafed badly. It was from day old stubble. That hurt.

@runjerseygirl

I was wearing my shorts yesterday on the TM.

Oh mine do, but that's what nice compression pants/shorts are for Smile

I have a scar on my arm from wearing a tank while running and chafed badly. It was from day old stubble. That hurt.

Do you even run?

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

I know this is a PSA for the ladies and I am a dude BUT . . . . .

Body glide should not need to be applied liberally to every part of the body.  If you shorts are chafing you then its likely a problem with the shorts and not because you did not use body glide.  BG will eventually sweat off since its not moisture proof.  You cannot stop in a marathon and then re-apply it.

If your shorts are chafing you then next time you go shopping buy better shorts.  I run 5Ks to 50Ks in the winter, spring, fall, and summer.  The only BG I need is for my nips and even that isn't fool proof.

Chairman

I have also never needed body glide or anything like that. It was explained to me that this is because I don't have boobs and inner thighs. The only thing I ever do is band aid the nips before runs of 15+ miles.

Coalition for a Free and Independent New Jersey

@runjerseygirl

It wasn't the shorts that caused it.  It was my fat thighs rubbing together that did.  I wish I could go out and buy better thighs. Smile

I know this is a PSA for the ladies and I am a dude BUT . . . . .

Body glide should not need to be applied liberally to every part of the body.  If you shorts are chafing you then its likely a problem with the shorts and not because you did not use body glide.  BG will eventually sweat off since its not moisture proof.  You cannot stop in a marathon and then re-apply it.

If your shorts are chafing you then next time you go shopping buy better shorts.  I run 5Ks to 50Ks in the winter, spring, fall, and summer.  The only BG I need is for my nips and even that isn't fool proof.

Do you even run?

Chairman

It wasn't the shorts that caused it.  It was my fat thighs rubbing together that did.  I wish I could go out and buy better thighs. Smile

I don't think the issue is "fat thighs." I think most women will have some thigh to thigh contact unless they are particularly slim and/or have a pelvic structure that prevents this sort of thing. Just some weird anatomy thing.

Coalition for a Free and Independent New Jersey