Beginners and Beyond

Miami Turkey Trot 10K (Mr. Docket's new PR) and Space Coast Marathon & Half Marathon RRs (Three in One, Just for You!) (Read 87 times)

on my way to badass

When I grow up I want to be like you Damaris!

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Way to do, Mr. D!  He rocked his half, good for him!

Congrats on yet another marathon, crazy lady!  Big grin  Nice of you to help that young lady out too, who was hurting, and get her a ride to the medical tent.

From earlier photos I've seen before of you and hubby and these photos...it appears y'all have either lost a bit of weight or really toned your bodies, you both are really looking fit!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

PADRunner

Something to think about if you get bored. Ultimate Ultra Race Series

I saw a documentary on this last week.

Docket_Rocket

Some more pics (still not available to order yet but these are keepers, I think:

Somewhere around Miles 2-6:

Even if I am looking at my Garmin, I love this finish picture:

Hubby's finish:

And our beer picture:

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

catwhoorg

Labrat

Whoever told me this race was flat is crazy.  Rolling hills.  And flat apparently has a different meaning when you live in Miami.  Flat to me is zero elevation not that.  Anyway, they were manageable and I was doing fine by the halfway point.  Blinding pain usually starts at the end of the 2 hour mark but I was fortunate in not getting pain until later.

By that you mean you had to step up onto the kerb a few times ?

Congrats on getting another under your belt, and to Mr Docket as well.

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18

Docket_Rocket

By that you mean you had to step up onto the kerb a few times ?

Congrats on getting another under your belt, and to Mr Docket as well.

No, those would be mountains.  Joking

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

outoftheblue

Congrats to both of you!  It must be so cool getting to go to races with your hubby.

Life is good.

workinprogress11

Just reading about your last couple of months of racing makes me want to sit down and put my feet up for a week or so. Your endurance is amazing. Congratulations to you and to hubby for killing his goal time!

GinnyinPA

I am in awe, Damaris.  You are amazing.  How many does that make this year?  I hope you get the fibroids taken care of soon, so you can run without pain.

Docket_Rocket

I am in awe, Damaris.  You are amazing.  How many does that make this year?  I hope you get the fibroids taken care of soon, so you can run without pain.

12.  I think.

Thanks, guys.  We really had a great time on this one.  Although I couldn't run the pace I thought I would be able without pain, I am still happy at how easy the pace I ran felt like.  Once I'm back on track post surgery, I can make my coach proud.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Congrats to both!

Take Charge. Train Harder. Suck Less. No Excuses.

SheCan

" it is my fastest since the fibroid issues arose and after 5 marathons total in 34 days"

This is fantastic-- Congratulations!!   You actually look really strong in that picture DH took.  I wouldn't have guessed you were in pain.

Congratulations to Mr. Docket, too, for way surpassing his goals!  Y'all rock!

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

great job lady-

great job dr rocket.

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Great job Dockets!!! Your DH rocked his half, that is just awesome!!!!

You did amazing in spite if all these fibroid issues lately. Sorry they've been so troubling for you Sad

I cannot believe you've done 5 marathons in just over a month! Truly amazing and inspiring!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Congrats D and Mr. D (especially on his super-fast HM!)

Very cool of you to stop and help that runner in distress.

Do they check for your BAMF card before serving a mofongo platter?  Tongue