Beginners and Beyond

Who the Hell is Running This Show Wednesdailies?! (Read 80 times)

Pinktastic

Good Morning Friends!!

How is everyone this morning?   Anyone else have the Geico camel commercial going through their head today?

Mike – It’s so nice to see you here bright and early this morning!   It sounds like your recovery is coming along nicely!!   I don’t have any experience or wisdom in these things, but I say go for it!!  Run Columbus!!

LRB – Coffee and cartoons.  What a great way to start the morning!  Hope your 7 went smoothly!!

SUS – It’s great to see you as well!   From what I’ve read today (and in previous Dailies), you are recovering nicely!!   Keep up the great work!!   I can’t wait to read your RRs for your upcoming fall races!

Beth – That sounds like a magical run yesterday!   Way to go!   When do you leave for Ireland?

Oski – Holy crap!   What kind of damage was done to the house?  I’m so glad that y’all weren’t injured!   Perhaps a massage later today will help the day end well for you…..

Phil – Ahhhh….   59 degrees.   Bring it on!!    Great run yesterday, especially coming so close to the big ole PR run over the weekend!   Have a wonderful day!!

Damaris – Happy Anniversary!    Good luck with whatever you end up doing!

Lily – Good Morning to you!!   Enjoy your 15 tonight!!

Scotty – Thanks for the morning laughs!    Your posts always start my day off well!   How are you feeling today after yesterday’s “run in” with the texting idiot?   Sometimes the day after you find yourself more sore than you were the day of the accident…..   Hope that is NOT the case for you!

FS – Nice run this morning!   Have a great day!

Shari – Sounds like you made the right call to spend some extra time rolling and stretching.   Hope it pays off and your legs feel 100%!!

Jay – Holy Crap!   It’s nice to see you so early in the morning!!   You should do this more often!    I hope your run tonight goes Pinklightfully!!

First, I apologize for my long absence.   The project I’ve been working on for a year has been implementing over the last few weeks and that’s been wreaking havoc with my schedule.    I’ve got one more big week of hell (next week), and then I think things will settle down into a more stable, normal routine again.   Although I haven’t been posting, I have been reading about all kinds of PRs of late.  Way to go!!   Y’all are truly inspirational!!

AFM, I had my follow up with the doctor about my foot yesterday.   She said it’s not healing as fast as she would like, but that it’s made enough progress that she doesn’t think she needs to put a pin in to hold the bone together.   Unfortunately, I have to stay in the walking cast for at least 2 more weeks and even when I get out of it, no running for a while.    I’m pretty bummed about that, but I keep trying to tell myself that it’s about the long term and a few more weeks is not bad in the grand scheme of things.

I’ve been wearing my heart monitor for about 2 ½ weeks now.   I think that I’ll be done with that at the end of this week and then I send all the monitoring equipment back to the place it came from.   They’ll get the data off the monitor, analyze it and send it to my doctor.   My appointment with the electro-physiologist is on October 8th and I hope he’ll tell me what we’re going to do about my A-Fib at that time.   The monitor hasn’t been too bad for the most part, but it sure has been fun going through security in the various airports with it on!    ;-)

Have a Pinktacular day!!    And, may your next run be the strongest one you’ve had lately!!

- Sarah

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.

LRB

It was 44 degrees when I stepped out so you know what that means; arm sleeves!

Oh yeah baby, NASCAR in the hizzy!   One black sleeve, one white sleeve, with a red and black paper thin singlet.

Zoom!  Zoom!

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Thanks for starting us off, Moth!  Nice to see you around here!  I hear RW is getting spam-blasted again. Have not been there in a while, hope everyone there is doing well.  Good luck with your marathon if you decide to register for it.  Glad to see you are doing well after your mini-stroke.  Take care of yourself!

Hope your 7 went well, LRB!  My favorite cartoon character - naturally, lol - is Underdog.

Nice running, SUS.  Glad the hip is feeling good!

Congrats on a great run for you, Beth!  Happy birthday in advance to your hubby!

Dang, Oski, sorry to hear that, that is not a fun way to wake up in the early a.m.  Someone really passed the buck there!  Sorry, couldn't help myself.   How do you get a deer removed from your yard?  Who would do that? Taxidermist?   Hope your appointment goes well, or went well, depending on what time you read this.

Phil, all your running has been really great lately!  It must be nice to be young and invincible. Wink   Good luck with your later miles.

Happy anniversary, Damaris!   Sorry to hear about the 1 a.m. allergies choking incident, though, that sucks.  Hope you feel better.

Good luck with your miles, Lily. It is winter in Quebec yet? Joking

Congrats on the 6, FreeSoul, and glad the doggie left you alone.

Hope your Great Legs feel better, Step, after the stretching and rolling.  Take care of those beauties!  Big grin

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Hip Redux

The deer is in the street, but it happened right in front of my house so it's in view.   Someone was nice enough to move it to the other side of the road because where it died last night no one could get around it!   The adrenaline was pumping pretty high last night after so it took forever to get to sleep.   I felt bad for Bambi.  Sad

Jay - the venison is all yours, you'll need to come and get it though. :P

Ortho appt was meh.  Might have a hip labral tear.  Continue with PT for now.

HobbitLegs

elevenses

Good morning dailies!

0 miles for me today, but hopefully some progress. I went to the Dr. this morning and she prescribed some antibiotics. She said the nail wasn't very far underneath the skin so once the infection clears it will be easy to trim. So here's hoping.

i did get some other good news. They went ahead and did my yearly physical while I was in. I've been running consistently a little over a year. My blood pressure was down 10 points (it wasn't high, but now it's lower - I'm thrilled because hypertension runs in my family) My resting pulse rate was also down ten points. I'll be interested to see what my blood work results will say.

I'm snarfing down some oatmeal and coffee until the next appointment. (I'd already had another check-up scheduled) I sure know how to have fun!

I'd do personals, but I'm on my iPad and this thing types like it is possessed. I will wish everyone a great day!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Sometimes you can tell when a dog is just barking at you to bark or when they are coming to you to say hi what's up (my heeler mix is that way, damn thing doesn't have an aggressive bone in his body), but I wasn't sure what this guy was going to do so I stood and waited and stared right at him not backing down and holding my pepper spray lol, I am really glad I didn't have to  use it though and he eventually decided I was boring and went back into his yard. I was not about to walk at any point of my run damn it.

Oski, I sure would hate to have witness that Sad which reminds me, it absolutely irritates me that people around here don't get their cats fixed, on my long runs I can see houses with at least 3 generations of cats damn it! This morning 8 kittens, barely 3 months old probably were out in the middle of the street playing like it was no big deal, they took off into the bushes when they saw me but still............... people are too lazy to fix their cats, and it's the offspring that suffer Sad

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Morning dailies. Thanks for starting us off Moth. Holy crap there's a lot of people posting early. Smile

My ankle hurts. It means I need new shoes. I will be ordering some today from Running Warehouse. The Kinvara3 will be my next shoe. I did wear my other pair for this mornings run - 6 mile Easy run @ 8:45 avg pace. It was pretty nice out - 61 with Fog. That 100% humidity meant that I was sweating quickly.

Have a great day everyone!

- Andrew

Docket_Rocket

SUS, sorry for missing the marathon.

Pink, you're back!  Hope the foot and the heart issues go away soon.

Andrew, get that foot fixed.  I mean, buy new shoes!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

It was 44 degrees when I stepped out so you know what that means; arm sleeves!

Oh yeah baby, NASCAR in the hizzy!   One black sleeve, one white sleeve, with a red and black paper thin singlet.

Zoom!  Zoom!

The next person basking in their nice weather will be flown to Miami for two weeks of 90F and 77DP running.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

redrum

Caretaker/Overlook Hotel

Check out Mike startin the dailies here on the RABAB!!!!  Whoop whhoooop!

After my 2 consecutive tempo days, time to SRD but still some weights and the lawn to tend to.

Randy

SUSchnauzer

Run Long, Hard, and Fast

SUS, sorry for missing the marathon.

Pink, you're back!  Hope the foot and the heart issues go away soon.

Andrew, get that foot fixed.  I mean, buy new shoes!

Thanks Damaris. It broke my heart. I had worked so hard and made such good progress. I think the hill sprints got me. I took 2 weeks off with several chiropractor visits. I eased back into it but had to keep my weekly mileage in the 20's. Almost 2 months later now I am finally almost fully recovered. It is my fault. I did too much too soon.

I am trying to get the RD to credit my entry fee to next year's marathon. I still haven't heard back after 2 attempts. Maybe as my legal counsel you could write them a threatening letter! Big grin

Zelanie

Morning!  I have been just wiped out after work the past few days.  Probably all of that running that I did to try to stay ahead of you Auhugh!!! runners last week, coupled with my race and a crazy work schedule.  So today will be my third RD, and I'm hoping that does the trick.  I haven't taken 3 days off in a row since May, and with 2 months until my HM, I want to be fresh as I go into some of the more quality workouts!

Docket_Rocket

Thanks Damaris. It broke my heart. I had worked so hard and made such good progress. I think the hill sprints got me. I took 2 weeks off with several chiropractor visits. I eased back into it but had to keep my weekly mileage in the 20's. Almost 2 months later now I am finally almost fully recovered. It is my fault. I did too much too soon.

I am trying to get the RD to credit my entry fee to next year's marathon. I still haven't heard back after 2 attempts. Maybe as my legal counsel you could write them a threatening letter! Big grin

You also have to remember that you are a newer runner and sometimes these issues arise at the beginning.  There will be other marathons; it is heart breaking, but you will be back in no time.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Rest day. Travel for work. I have run  way too many days in a row. Needed to take today off.

Marjorie

LRB

The next person basking in their nice weather will be flown to Miami for two weeks of 90F and 77DP running.

I loathe heat with a passion and would not run in that.  I do not here and would not there or anywhere else for that matter.

I have run for two hours on a treadmill before and basically it is an attitude adjustment, but once made, it is running.  Me slothing under high sun, in high heat and humidity is not.