Beginners and Beyond

Pacquiao vs Marquez... $70? (Read 265 times)

Mr MattM

I sit here comtemplating whether or not to pay $70 to watch the 4th match between these 2 fighters... I can't help but think I'll end up with buyer's remorse... 

be curious; not judgmental

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

I sit here comtemplating whether or not to pay $70 to watch the 4th match between these 2 fighters... I can't help but think I'll end up with buyer's remorse... 

I'm sure if you go back to RWOL BF you'll see where you can watch it for free as a streaming video.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Mr MattM

I'm sure if you go back to RWOL BF you'll see where you can watch it for free as a streaming video.

Haha!  I thought about that when I was typing the subject line... Smile

I paid for it... I figure there will be some decent undercard fights... and I have a man-crush on Jim Lampley's voice.

Love the Half

This is the kind of thing I wouldn't pay for just for me but I'd go in with a couple of buddies.

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

Love the Half

Maybe I'm just old but I still like boxing far more than the grappling, wrestling, kick someone when he's on the ground nonsense that is UFC.

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

We almost purchased it too, but decided against it, being married to a Filipino you could guess who everyone here is pulling for. 

Mr MattM

Fight Time!

Docket_Rocket

Maybe I'm just old but I still like boxing far more than the grappling, wrestling, kick someone when he's on the ground nonsense that is UFC.

Me too but in my case is cultural. Boxing is sacred to Puerto Ricans, especially if one of ours is fighting.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

happylily

I wouldn't watch any of that nonsense even if you paid me $70...

EDIT: Men are crazy. I've always known that. Too bad we can't live without them...

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

MrNamtor

I've been depressed all day bc of this. I think Pacquiao is done. He had to win this one. He should retire now before he becomes like Muhammed Ali.

MrNamtor

I wouldn't watch any of that nonsense even if you paid me $70...

EDIT: Men are crazy. I've always known that. Too bad we can't live without them...

Boxing is a beautiful sport. If it weren't for the lasting brain damage sustained over time, it would be really great.

happylily

Boxing is a beautiful sport. If it weren't for the lasting brain damage sustained over time, it would be really great.

See, you even admit boxing makes you (not you...) stupid. We want strong and handsome AND smart men. Big grin

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Mr MattM

I've been depressed all day bc of this. I think Pacquiao is done. He had to win this one. He should retire now before he becomes like Muhammed Ali.

Not sure what Pac is gonna do... that was a good fight right up to the point Manny left himself open to a counter overhand right... actually, his momentum carried him straight into it... good punch, but if they fought another 10 times it's unlikely we'd see that perfect punch again.  I cannot complain about the fight at all... both fighters fought hard to win.

I'm not sure how Manny can continue to be a politian and pro boxer.  To be the best requires dedication and limited distraction.  Manny simply can't be giving boxing 100% any longer...

That said, if he chose to dedicate himself to boxing he could maintain his greatness for a few more years.  He's only 33... Marquez is 39!

I guess the idea of a Pacquiao/Mayweather fight is totally dead now... (not that it was ever going to happen anyway)