Beginners and Beyond

Albany Lakes 10k (RR & PR!) (Read 71 times)

Antipodean

Nice job on the race and glad to see that DD got to do it "with" you.  I did marathons w/ my dad way back in the 70's (me on my bike) and I still have great memories of those times.

Also great to be reminded of summer. I had kind of forgotten about it.

And, sorry for asking, but do you do any special training to learn to run upside down like that ?  

Us? Upside down? It's you guys who...

Yeah, ok, I'll come clean. We need to wear glue on all our shoes... real hassle, actually. 

Julie

"It's not the mountain we conquer, but ourselves."

~ Sir Edmund Hillary

Bin Running

Congrats on the pr. You crushed your goal. Nz is sure a beautiful country. Definitely gonna visit it some day.

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

LRB

It is a nice way to begin the season, and a harbinger of things to come for you this year, which will be huge yuge!

LRB

And being the cold weather runner that I am, I am in no rush to see summer and the heat that it brings.  Spring would be nice though, in due time.

happylily

What a great finish time, Julie! You are becoming really speedy, missy!  And wow, the rankings are impressive as well!

Congratulations to your DD as well! I love that it's a family affair for you. I wish you as much success with your 2014 goals!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Congrats on the PR!

Damaris

Zelanie

Sorry for the delayed reply, I am finally getting caught up with RRs.  Congrats on the new PR and yes, you are going to have to set some new goals!  I bet the positive splits are the result of not having any longer training runs lately, which means- more good things are in store for you once you build up some more endurance. Smile