Beginners and Beyond

Wacky Wednesday Penguins (Read 27 times)

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Ginny: very nice!

Jerry: are you guys hiring anytime soon?

D2: beast!

i just did four miles recovery and it was nice. I will keep the mileage low this week and ramp it up a bit next week. The legs are getting better!

Dad on the run.

Here is the recommended workout given to me by McMillan. This was based off my current 5k time and my goal 5k time. This is the first workout in a 6 to 8 week period.

Current - 25:47

Goal - 23:30 (Dream big or go home)

Workout given

Tempo Interval

3 x 10min

8:22 - 8:40

2 min jog

My workout

<tfoot> </tfoot>

Split

Time

Distance

Avg Pace

Summary 46:42.7 5.01 9:20
      1 2:00.0 0.19 10:29
      2 10:00.0 1.17 8:32
      3 2:00.0 0.18 11:20
      4 10:00.0 1.16 8:35
      5 2:00.0 0.14 13:54
      6 10:00.0 1.16 8:37
      7 10:42.7 1.00 10:43

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Bin Running

Damaris, when are you flying to puerto rico for the FM? Good luck..

Krstin, nice job in getting out.. I had problem doing that sometimes.. Ready to run all out for that 5k?

Tomas, Enjoy the flying pig.. Seem like a very popular race.. need to go and googles to find out why they have this name...

Sam, Looks like an interesting ride with the geese and all..

Jack, recovery just in time for that 10K.. made that a double 10K..

Jimmy, Happy runniversary.... Always want to tell you abt the good job you are doing with the bracelet.. Would like to get one and maybe the jenny's but I am half way across the globe..

Mel, Glad the knee is finnally settling down.. Hope it's really the 2nd half of the HM that is making it a little unhappy.. Bird feeder sound like an great idea.. Any pics?

Jeff, I thought the HM you linked the last time is pretty decent.. but you still have time to shop around..

Hopesmom, Enjoy the RD..

Dave, you are an animal... Is double gonna be permanent while you built the base?

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

Mmmmm...beer

Thanks Jack & Bin!  Only reason I did a double today was because I had to cut my run short this morning and I wanted to get some extra miles in, probably won't become a regular thing.  I prefer to run in the morning and be done with it.  After reading Advanced Marathoning, I like Pfitz's use of doubles for recovery instead of training, and I might start doing that after long runs.

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

I finally got the bathroom functional enough to take an actual shower.  I rewarded myself with my first run in 5 days.  It felt like an eternity not being able to run.  I guess I could have run, but without a shower it seemed like my priorities would have been in the wrong place.  All I have left is a little bit more paint, a piece of trim, some caulk and a new shower door.  I'll knock that out this weekend, probably by Saturday night.  I'm taking a break.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Bin Running

Ginny, working on holiday is actually not too bad.. extra cash and leave in lieu.. Shorter hours too.. But it do take away time from family.. LR is a strange animal.. you only knew if it is good when you are almost done.. at least that's what it is doing to me.. That last LR sound very interesting..

Mitch, sorry abt the tooth.. No insurance for me.. Company covered yearly cleaning though..

Traci, Turtle soup is a delicancy here.. haaa But I have no wish of eating it..

Scotty, Labour day is the day when we go into labor.. hee.. the different laces kind of make it cool... we used to do this different laces style in my younger days.. haaa

Cherie, Awesome on the 7M..

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

Bin Running

Awood, way to go!! Not an easy task.. I am a little bit of an handyman but I would not attempt to redo a bathroom..

Tomas, May you soars this weekend..

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Bin, I leave tomorrow.

Damaris

Thanks man. I am not that lean Smile

Awood, way to go!! Not an easy task.. I am a little bit of an handyman but I would not attempt to redo a bathroom..

Tomas, May you soars this weekend..

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

Zelanie

Running fail tonight.  By 2.5 miles I couldn't pretend that my knee wasn't hurting.  I will try to find a good doc in town, I think.

Running fail tonight.  By 2.5 miles I couldn't pretend that my knee wasn't hurting.  I will try to find a good doc in town, I think.

Hope it gets better

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I think that's a good idea.  Good luck!

Damaris

Bin Running

Sorry to hear that... Hope you figure out what is wrong..

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar