Beginners and Beyond

Jogging for college credit? (Read 429 times)

Little Blue

We had PE requirements, but at this point I don't remember how many.  I do remember a general fitness class, with weights and running.  Also tennis, and I'm thinking I took golf, but I was never any good, so either I didn't take it, or I didn't learn much.

My DH took the karate class in PE, and he still does it religiously 27 years later.

cmb4314

We had gym for credit too - 1 credit, pass/fail.  We had to take 2 credits of gym.

I took sailing and rock climbing.  Sailing....was a little bit rough in upstate NY, but I knew how to do it already, so at least I had that going for me. Capsizing was cold in November, regardless of how much clothing I had on.  Rock climbing I was terrible at (no upper body strength) but it is a lot of fun, and the indoor climbing wall at my school is really nice.

My wildly inconsistent PRs:

5k: 24:36 (10/20/12)  

10k: 52:01 (4/28/12)  

HM: 1:50:09 (10/27/12)

Marathon: 4:19:11 (10/2/2011) 

I took fencing and golf.  To this day I suck at golf and haven't picked up a epee, foil or sabre since that class, but oddly, I remember all of the techniques of fencing.  I also remember to never, ever fence w/o a cup, and never turn your back to run away from your opponent while still in the field of play.  I got the shit whipped out of me doing that.  I don't think it was a requirement, but as a freshman, looking for the easier, softer way, when I saw it as an option, I signed up.

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

Back in my college days (late 80s early 90s) I was required to take a phys ed class as part of my Army ROTC class curriculum.  I knew a guy that took a marathon class as well.  Class was to train for and complete a marathon.  Grade was dependent on your finish time as well.

We had a PE requirement in college. I took modern dance.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

I took "Party Like Hell"..which is probably why I flunked out the first semester and then joined the Air Force.  And the rest, as they say, is history.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

monkkey

We had a requirement for PE but it did not show up on the transcript.  I took women's self-defense and bowling (yep).