Beginners and Beyond

PENGUIN THROWDOWN A vs Z (RR w/ PR) (Read 252 times)

Mmmmm...beer

Congratulations, Awood! You win the penguin trophy, for now. I am at the post race and just checking in by phone, but the time I saw on the clock as I passed was 26:02.

That's the gun time tho, what's your chip time?  Great job btw! Big grin

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

I would have been pretty darn happy with a 26:02.  I'm going to wait for chip time before I count my winnings.  I could definitely see a rematch in the future.  Great race either way.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

tracilynn

Doh! Sooo close! Nice times. Congrats to you both!

~~~~~~~

Traci

Bin Running

Congrats to awood. Dammed fast a penguin, you are. Zel, you did well too. So close to sub 26. The Santa chase is too funny. Not that he collapsed but becos of everyone chasing him. And I can imagine the children shocked look when he went down and stayed down.

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

Robert31320

Team TJ

This is freaking awesome!  Congrats to both of you.

Running for TJ because he can't.

Zelanie

My official time 26:03 and second AG. We will have to rematch later in the training cycle! I definitely needed all the help I could get that last mile!
              Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Thanks Zelanie!  You rock!  We will do this again.  I think the difference in PR is about what it was when it started, but it's going the other way now.  Let's keep this going.  You're awesome.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Sloooow.

Congratulations to you both! Big grin

hog4life

Congrats awood on the PR! 15 seconds isn't much difference, wow.
                    Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

Congrats on the PR! I can't imagine being a kid and seeing Santa hauled off in an ambulance.

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!

Singer who runs a smidge

Well, ok, maybe you didn't have clear skies and no wind.  But I still bet you had a magic bean from a leprechaun!!

Seriously, nice race, and woo-hoo for your PR!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

happylily

That was a nice friendly challenge and you both rock! Congratulations, A_R, on your great race and PR!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Stop N Go

Great race and nice PR but am I the only person who thinks the Santa story is the best part?  That was awesome!

5k PR Oct 2012 - 23:20

5k Goal 2013 - 21:5x

SheCan

Congratulations on the shiny new PR!!!!!!   You did great.  Glad Santa Claus was okay.  What an interesting story you have now.    You sure have had a great year this year, and should be proud of your progress.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson