Beginners and Beyond

Saturdailies playing in the snow (Read 34 times)

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Evening, Dailies!

Hope everyone is enjoying the various stages of winter (depending on location, of course)!  Here, it was rain all morning, followed by cloudy and drizzle.

Not much going on concerning running from here. I had taken up some walking, which was fine. Then I got into a little weight training which was OK too, except that I pushed the deadlift up just a tinch (still way lighter than I had been doing a couple of years ago) and now have a mild annoying pain in the knee again.

So, I guess weight training has to stick to the upper half of the body, and I had better take it easy with the walking as well.

Come January, if things aren't getting drastically better, this will be taken up a notch (medically speaking). That is, if all the good doctors don't quit by then.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Rocky and I got 1.5 miles in tonight....... my left calf was sore and my left big toe was hurting and I don't know why. I miss the trails, but I won't be able to run on them for a while with all this mud, rain, snow and more mud Sad I might be able to drive to John James Audubon on Sundays for my long runs, or Hoosier National Forest in the Branchville area, but that's it Sad

I am actually concerned with how tomorrow morning's 12 miler is going to go, or if I will have to cut it short with this weird pain in my toe - it isn't awful BUT it is annoying being that it is right there where I "push" off my feet.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

StepbyStep-SH

Hi dailies:

Apparently the worst is over here, with the bad weather tapering to just snow showers for the next several days.  Temperatures will stay low, which is actually a blessing.  (If Lake Erie freezes over, as it does when the cold comes early and stays, the ice literally puts a lid on the pick-it-up, dump-it-down-on-Jay's-house cycle.)  All told, that nasty spell was good for 51".

Wow. That's as tall as my 7-year-old. I would lose him in the drifts if I sent him to shovel the driveway the way he has for the 3-4" we've gotten this week.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

So overdressed!  The wind shifted around to an unusual SE and the temperature has soared to a balmy 28, feels like 17.

I broke out my Yax Trax for the first time in forever, and about 1/3 of the roads were salted enough to create loose slop on blacktop.  The Yax were perfect in that, allowing me to bomb it up and down moderate hills with an almost normal stride.

Do they make those for car tires?!

StepbyStep-SH

So overdressed!  The wind shifted around to an unusual SE and the temperature has soared to a balmy 28, feels like 17.

I broke out my Yax Trax for the first time in forever, and about 1/3 of the roads were salted enough to create loose slop on blacktop.  The Yax were perfect in that, allowing me to bomb it up and down moderate hills with an almost normal stride.

Do they make those for car tires?!

You've never heard of chains?

2048 × 1536 - tahoetransportation.org

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Haha yes, I wouldn't have a clue how to put those on.  Looking at getting some studded snow tires.

LRB

I have been driving 4 wheel capable vehicles since 1997 and have never needed tire chains.

Despite an all-star cast, that movie was rather slow.  Maybe it was just me but they could have kept that junk.