Beginners and Beyond

The length of the LR during marathon training (Read 164 times)

runmomto3boys

Hiring a coach, in my experience, is great.  You'll tap on resources you don't have and you'll push yourself much more.  I cannot wait to see what you can do for this marathon and with a coach!

Thanks, Damaris!  I appreciate it!  I think I do need a more customized plan and more variety/more speed work than I'm getting with Pfitz.

Chairman

I met an amazing coach at the track last week (he works out there as much as I do - we just had not talked before) and he is one of the two guys I ran my 20 miler on Saturday with.  I am going to hook on with him sooner rather than later.  The guy is a pretty incredible runner in his own right too and the nicest, most humble guy I've ever met.  I am pretty darn good at following instructions, for sure.

http://www.thunderdomerunning.com/the-coach.html

Very good.

Coalition for a Free and Independent New Jersey

MJ5

Chief Unicorn Officer

I also think you'll have spectacular results with a coach--you've got so much incredible natural talent, a canned plan and winging it will help you but I don't think it'll truly help you find what you're made of. With someone who can work side by side with you and identify you specific strengths and weaknesses and customize a plan just for you, you'll do more than a one-size-fits-all plan could ever give you. And I'm excited to see the results you can get!!

Mile 5:49 - 5K 19:58 - 10K 43:06 - HM 1:36:54

runmomto3boys

I also think you'll have spectacular results with a coach--you've got so much incredible natural talent, a canned plan and winging it will help you but I don't think it'll truly help you find what you're made of. With someone who can work side by side with you and identify you specific strengths and weaknesses and customize a plan just for you, you'll do more than a one-size-fits-all plan could ever give you. And I'm excited to see the results you can get!!

Thanks, MJ!  That means a lot coming from you, especially!  You know how much I respect you as a person and your talent as a runner!

MrNamtor

rm23bz: what's the length of your current running streak? I see you've run every day for the past 30 days but the streak is probably longer than that, right?

runmomto3boys

rm23bz: what's the length of your current running streak? I see you've run every day for the past 30 days but the streak is probably longer than that, right?

I have no idea!  I don't streak intentionally.  The Pfitz plan just has me running 7 days a week.  It can't be that much longer than a month.  I took a lot of days off in December.

LRB

Here is my humble choice for your running coach.  After which you may find yourself in Rio De Janeiro in a few years.

Cool